Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halle Berry Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 7:46am
Well I hope that is true that she is rethinking about it. Plus as we all know she likes useing fake hair. When bald she couldn't used them for a long time.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 4:56pm
Interesting HFO. I saw "Perfect Stranger" today and HB looked absolutely beautiful. This "Nappily Ever After" movie was put on the back burner for a long time-and I guess it could go there again. The thing that should really stop HB is the cornyness of the very idea...So many have done it before...It was a flop for all of them!
Julie30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 5:32pm
Actually it isn't a flop for them, it does work, it does attract attention, that is why they do it.

Persis Khambatta wouldn't even have been known to western audiences if she hadn't shaved her head for the first Star Trek movie (it was a dreadful movie, the only reason it has done so well on rentals is because of her, she was so beautiful, and looked so exotic with a bald head)

Sinead O'Conner is a very average singer with only so-so songs. She would have never gotten much attention if she hadn't shaved her head.

Bai Ling was a largely unknown actress until she got so much attention for shaving her head.

Eve Salvail and Alec Wek were unknown fashion models until they shaved their heads, then they got all sorts of modeling work.

Two things about women with shaved heads;
One- it only works for them if they are beautiful and feminine women.
Two- It works for some women because it is still taboo in western culture for a woman to have a shaved head. Short hair, even very short hair is fine, many western women wear that. But completely bald, that is still unusual. So it attracts attention. If it was more common it would attract much less attention.
When bob hairstyles started in the 1920s, it was taboo and it attracted all sorts of attention. Now it is just another hairstyle for women. The same with short skirts on women.
It is like very long hair on men, or skirts on men. It is taboo but it turns some women on (assuming the man is handsome).
The same with a shaved head on a lady, assuming she is beautiful. It is taboo and it turns some men on.

This movie by Halle seems boring to me, like the first Star Trek movie was. But because Halle is going to be bald in it, like Persis Khambatta was in the first Star Trek movie, it will attract attention.

By the way, does anyone know when Halle is going to shave her head? When are they going to start filming that movie?

Edited by Julie30 - April 12 2007 at 6:04pm
Julie
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 8:03pm
If you read the last post or next to last on page 3 she might not go with it. I don't know about the Star Trek I know people that are trekkies and well they told me they didn't like the first moive. I guess that's why it took. 3 years to make the next one also keep this in mind they say all the even ones made the cash.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Merle T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merle T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2007 at 10:31pm
Wonder if Halle will shave her head. Probably would look good on her. She looked so stunning, really beautiful, wearin' that short pixie she used to wear, especially when she was dolled up sexy!Wink
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2007 at 7:40am
"Wonder if Halle will shave her head. "

Merle T.

So it's in doubt now?
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2007 at 9:11am
I would have said I loved her short hairstyles better than the long because it didn't have any shape it was just long but I love the bangs she just got it was very cute...but I do suspect she wears some sort of extentsions, she has such a pretty face she can carry out a bald head.
Hair album
pw:Romeo
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 4:56pm
Talk of "Nappily Ever After" seems to have fallen off the radar screen. Now it seems a remake of "Barbarella" will be HBs next project (big hair for that?)
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 10:59pm
fatmoogas I hope so I know the first one had really big hair. Jane's hair really looked good in that one.
buzzit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 9:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic