Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
star601 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: November 11 2006 at 9:53am
I had a perm 3 weeks ago, I had colored it 3 days before the perm, now it is rubbery and elastic...is hair suppose to be elastic???
When can I get it re-done again because it didn't take too well, maybe because I just had a baby?

Thanks! help me!!!!
Thanks!
-Sheila
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 3:16am
Do NOT do anything else to your hair or it will just start falling out! When hair is rubbery-mushy like in texure,that means it has reached the point of no return.You have processed it too much.
My advice to you is to start seriously conditioning like a mad woman. A deep conditioner and leave it on for hours if possible.Get a good reconstructing one.
Also,try to find a beauty supply store and get some protein filler. mix it with water and leave on hair for about 20-30 minutes.
Or buy NEXXUS emergencee...
Then I highly suggest a good CUT. Sorry,but cutting is the only real way to get rid of the damaged hair/ends.
I wouldnt do anything else for at least a couple of months if I were you.
This happend to my hair once and it was beyond help and had to be cut all off in a boyish cut. Now I dont mess with my hair like I used to.It can only take so much.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2006 at 10:26am
Jules is right, you have serious damage. She also gave you great advice.  The Nexxus emergencee, it is great. You can also try Sebastian Penetraitt, it works wonders. You can get it on ebay. There is seller there that has a great price on it, and the product is legit (I buy it all the time). It is usually $38 but that seller has it for $14.99. It is a protein treatment. Remember to deep condition after protein treatments so your hair won't feel like straw.

Good luck and great hair
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 4:07pm
I agree.  I had the same thing happen when I had a perm "redone" over my already highlighted hair.  A bunch of it even broke off around my hairline.  I would add to their advise that when you put on the deep conditioner wrap it with saran wrap and then a towel over that.  Keep it on for several hours if possible and then try to style without heat if you can.  Good luck.  Cutting will probably end up being the best option once you get some new growth in.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic