Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dying over bleached hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Billie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dying over bleached hair.
    Posted: November 13 2006 at 1:39pm
I have decided to go back to my roots. I'm a natural red heard and have decided to end my fight against gingerness. My top section is bleached blonde, my question is, how do I dye over this to get as close a match as possible to my natural colour? I know it's going to be difficult, but I think I'll tackle this one at home as I hate hairdressers and also, I can do a strand test so there won't be any disasters.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Billie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 4:52pm
I would really, really apprecaite it if someone would be kind enough to help me with this :)
Carieann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carieann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2006 at 10:35am
If you do decide to do this at home, be careful of the bleach blonde part because the ends will soak up the hair color so much and end up darker and will look really muddy and gross!Angry So just do the top first and  the rest of the hair, leave the ends for about half way through the proccess. then after you are through, I would get a trim asap, and get those ends off, plenty of deep conditioner and you should be fine. I know this worked great for me, I wish you luck, let me know how it turns out!

Edited by Carieann - December 13 2006 at 10:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic