Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

613 on top and dark underneath?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*erica* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *erica* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 613 on top and dark underneath?
    Posted: November 15 2006 at 2:34pm
Wow not only is extensions addictive, but this board is too! God bless an internship where I get to surf the web all day!!! YAY!

Has anyone ever done an install with really dark underneath and light blonde on the top? My hair right now is 613--- and I have no idea what color I would do to get that effect without it looking weird? Maybe a rich brown? Would I have to dye my own hair that is underneath dark too so it doesn't look funny???

I don't know, this sounds like it could be a hair experience gone bad! Hahah!

Let me see if I can find a picture example. What do you think?
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2006 at 3:48pm
Hi Erica! Take a look at Amanda's work. She's a longtime member of this board and is one of the best I've seen at successfully installing high and low colors.

http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk/mixedhair.htm

I've done 16/18/22 blends with the underlayer being in the 2/3/4/6 range and I love it. Right now I have deep purple under blonde and it plays peek-a-boo when it swings. Don't let light/dark combos scare ya... they blend better than most think.
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 12:36am
I have to agree.. I'm just about finished putting together my #1 & #8  RK wefts I have.. The #1 is too dark for me so I brightened it up with the #8.. When it's installed the #8 will be underneath the #1.
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
stacey_m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 2:20am
I have platinum (real hair) with #613 extensions on the top and a few rows of #2/#4 underneath and I don't think that it looks weird... although maybe people are just not telling me. Wink I've been doing this colour combo for a long time now, and I love the contrast. I've never seen any reason to colour the bottom parts darker.
*erica* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *erica* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 10:20am
amm- thanks for the site! that is so helpful!

stacey-- ohhh okay yay! I was looking at 2 as well, but I get nervous cause that is a big change for me. Do you have any pics??

Thanks for the help ya'll! :)
Animelover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 3:07pm
Those are some great blending pics by amanda. Thats what I had in mind when I asked a question about colors in my Blending thread. (27/613, 2, 613,) I wasn't too sure how to blend my fine relaxed textured hair.  But I am going to take Diva's advice and get all my hair braided up. Too bad amanda too far from ChicagoSmile
Hugs and Kisses!

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Animelover Animelover wrote:

Too bad amanda too far from Chicago. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Smile" />

I've been trying to tell her that for almost 2 years! I'll just keep proposing and keep my fingers crossed. ;)
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 7:56am
lol I love you Amm you're so sweet x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic