Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introducing myself

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introducing myself
    Posted: November 19 2006 at 6:51pm
Hi,
I have peosted acouple of messages, but have not formerly introduced myself. SO, here I go.

I am a stay at home mother of three.I teach preschool at our church while my kids are in school.
I am part ciclian, with traditional coloring. Dark brown hair, brown-hazel eyes.I am also part swedish, so I have light skin and a touch of auburny color in the dark. My hair is very thick, and course, with a very tight wave, almost curly. sometimes it actually is curly. 
I was growing it out, but had a horrifieing experience with a stylist. It was almost to my waist. It is now in an extreme V with the longest part being right below my bra strap, and the sides right below my shoulders.She also decided to thin it out with a razor from the shoulders down.
I an attemp to try an learn how to get my hair the healthiest as can be, I found this site.
I take a good multi, kelp, fluctuate with fish oil/flax oil,eat ground flax seeds, wheat germ, and have just recently started taking hair formula 37.Amongst all this I eat pretty healthy. 
I use Jason's natural biotin shampoo and conditioner, with jojoba oil as a styling aid, and over night leave-in a few times a week.At least once a week I try to do a mayonaise or olive oil treatment. Sorry to be rambling on . I'll stop now.

Alisa06
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2006 at 6:55pm
I am sorry, I put my introduction in the wrong string, I thought I was in the Introductoin section.OOOPs.

ALisa06
Alexia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 10:37am
Hi,
 I am new here and have a slight hair problem. I have naturally dark dark brown hair..and I made the mistake of dying it Feria's Ruby Rush and I hate it! Does anybody know what color I can dye my hair to get the red out and look half way decent?
Alexia
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 11:29am
HI,
I also have naturally very dark brown hair.I used to die my hair all the time. I don't any more because it causes my hair to be so dry.
I suppose your hair has a tangy, orange highlight to it. I used to hate this. I would try something closer to your natural color, but go with ash.Ash will counteract the red. Try something like a dark ash brown.Or a golden brown. There will most likely still be some red left with a golden brown, so if you want to get rid of the red, you will need to go with an ash color.I used to use nice n' easy, natural dark brown, with very nice results. I have aolt of red in my hair naturally, so if I go lighter, it always gets a really orangey look.one of the reasons I quit coloring my hair. I hope this helps.
What color are your trieing to achieve, This might help me visualize the color you might need better.

Alisa06
Alexia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 12:36pm

Well my hair isn't dry except at the ends..for some odd reason the ends of my hair are well gold. I have natural highlights in my hair and I was going for an auburn look, only the color came out in a burgundy color. So my hair is burgundy with gold ends ( the color didn't hold well on the ends). I think I am going to try and get my natural look back, I was also told to wash my hair in tide ( regular non-bleach) should I do this before I dye my hair?Also, should I buy the hair dye at a beauty salon ( which is what i used to do, but decided to try the box kind) or should I just get the box of color..is there really a difference?

Edited by Alexia - November 27 2006 at 12:42pm
Alexia
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 1:38pm
I would not put tide in my hair. this could fry your hair.Is it darker than your normal color? Try something in the natural dark brown. the highlights you have now should still come through, just darker. try putting the color on your ends for a few minutes first, than applying it to the rest of your hair. The hair on your ends are more porous then the rest of your hair.( this is true for everyone) They might need longer to obsorb the color. I have always been alright with the boxed colors, even mixing a couple of them, but if you don't know for sure, you can always ask at a beauty supply store. They should be able to help you. I really liked the way my color turned out when I mixed a dark brown with a medium golden brown. I would get the darkness I wanted with a lot of natural looking highlights. But with the depth of the red you have, putting a dark brown on it now, should just bring it back to that shade. You will still have the red tints, unless you put an ash based color in it.

Alisa06
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic