Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rexaler burned scalp. HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hitome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rexaler burned scalp. HELP
    Posted: January 01 2007 at 3:10pm
I go my hair relaxed a couple of days ago. The woman left it in for over an hour and it was tingling alot, i told her but she said it was fine and she wanted to finish this other woman's hair. I thought she knew what she was doing and she had a really strong Jamaican accent so comunication was really limited. After she washed it i said it was still tingling so she washed it again. She didn't do a test patch on my hair or anything and i forgot to ask. She said i shouldn't have washed my hair before i went there but she did it anyway and didn't say it would damage my head or anthing.

It didn't really straighten it that much to be honest. And the tingling was there the next day still so i put loads of oil on it and washed it out but it made my head feel drier. I was scrataching my head and i pulled out a scab thing. I didn't know what it was or i wouldn't have scratched it out. It's left a kind of bloody/scabby red patch. I felt more scabs in my head but i left them alone.

I don't know what to do!! I don't know if i should wash my hair some more to make sure all the relaxer is out because it will make my scalp drier and mybe scab more.
I have some alomond oil, i was planing on coating that on my head for 2 day (because i don't have to go out till the 4th so no one will see) but if there's some relaxer left in it then it won't help at all will it?

PLEASE HELP ME. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

p.s i'll never go to that hairdresser again.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 4:27pm

OMG, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think there is any relaxer left in. But you deft. have damage. Your scalp has been burned. Relaxer left on for an hour? that is mad!!

Get some Amla oil, it will refresh and moisturize your scalp and hair. It will help with the damage as well. The sooner you do it the better. Your hair is going to start breaking off soon. Jojoba oil is also great. You can use them both. You can get the amla oil online. Just google it.

Good luck.
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 7:36am
Did the stylist base or grease your scalp before the relaxer to minimize burning to the scalp? That can be done using cholsterol or any type of hair grease. That is a must when doing a relaxer.

Use a moisturizing shampoo before you start to experience breakage. Try getting some Chi Silk Infusion to use on your hair to help normalize the PH of the hair and moisturize the cuticle to prevent further drying. It is a leave-in conditioner and safe to use on ethnic hair.

Hope that helps you a bit.
Gluck
Lil Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 8:57pm
i had the same thing happen to me ima guy look my momma put a texturizer in my hair and it wass in 4 ten min and then  the next day i had one scab no ihave like 9 but they use to be big but ive been puttib some sulfer 8 mosterizing conditioner and it says that it is exactly for my scaps and stuff but now there gitting smaller and smaler ever day its been like 2 months since i had them and just put conditiner jel in your head and then dont scratch off your scabs
wat up this lil marcus pimpn all the girlies
Ishine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 10:46pm

im so sorry to hear about your experience. she left it in for over an hour??? is she licensed??? a relaxer should take no more that 30 mins and thats with application time. I would file a report with the state board honestly, being that you have so many scabs, thats risk for infection. and if you shampooed your hair before the service, its not your fault, she should not have given you the service, try mixing the almond oil with vitamin E oil, keep your scalp lubricated. and yes never go to that hair stylist again!!!

and if you think about relaxing again after the damaged is well repaired make sure your stylist 1. bases your scalp before she applies the relaxer. 2. shampoo you at least 3 times with the neutralizing shampoo [ on the 3 shampoo i let it sit for 5 mins then rinse my client] 3. get a deep conditioner [ i like Keracares Humecto Cream Conditioner]

Best of luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic