Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help!! Vick's Vapor Rub in Hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!! Vick's Vapor Rub in Hair!
    Posted: January 02 2007 at 11:20pm
OK!
My 3 year old got her hands on the baby Vick's Vapor Rub and smeared it in her hair while they were in ponytails.Angry

I tried cornstarch, baking soda in shampoo, neutrogena shampoo, Dawn dish soap....

The best I get is greasy, water resistant hair that looks all gelled up.  It reminds me of my labrador retriver's coat whan he swims in the town park pond... the water just rolls off!!  At least it smells good.  The baby Vick's has lavender in it.

Anyone have any luck with getting a petroleum based product out of hair?or do I just give it time....Confused

Here's her in the tub after the corn starch wash number 4!  Can you tell she's getting irritated with it as much as I am?

Edited by gypsydoll - January 02 2007 at 11:27pm
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 8:01am
oh dear! i imagine you have gotten it all out by now, but if anyone else gets dipped in a tub of vicks vapor rub or whatever.....GOO GONE is a product i buy at wal mart (its in the section with all the household cleaning products) it will break down that stuff so you can shampoo it out

she's adorable, definately show her that picture when she grows up!
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 2:19pm
Oh Yeah!!  That's why I took that picture.  It should work as good blackmail material later on...Wink

But actually, not all of the vick's is out.  I've just been putting her hair in a bun for the last few days.  I'm thinking I have to deal with it and in time it will come out.... I hope!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 9:29pm
ohmygosh, I have no ideas for you, but your daughter is a cutie.  Your story reminds me of something similarly embarrassing I did as a 4-year old. Embarrassed
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 12:56pm
Would you care to share what you did when you were 4, Dave?  Gypsydoll, I have not a clue either, but she is adorable!  Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 8:54am
Debbie, my mom discovered me having emptied an entire bottle of talcum powder all over the bedroom.  That powder was everywhere... and there I was standing in the middle of it with a sh it-eating grin on my face. LOL
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 11:13am
LOL!  Thanks Dave!  That was too funny!  The things that kids can get into!
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
kgood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 8:31am
SMurrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMurrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2007 at 9:32pm
My 3yr old daughter got up at 1am and while everyone was sleeping got into the baby Vicks vapor rub. She put it all over her hair. I washed her hair 4 times everyday for 3 days, nothing worked. I tried her shampoo, my shampoo, dawn dish soap, antibacterial soap, and corn starch. It still looked and felt greasy. I finally looked it up onthe internet. I saw a bloopers for vicks in hair and one said to try the Goo Gone from Wal-mart. That worked like a charm! So if your toddler decides to put that in their hair go to Wal-mart and in the household cleaning supplies get the Goo Gone. IT REALLY WORKS!!!!!Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic