Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair goals journal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair goals journal
    Posted: January 31 2007 at 9:48pm
Ok I officially started my hair journey today. I got my hair relaxed today. I cut off about three inches so that I could start with fresh healthy ends(this was so hard for me to do). I now have about 4 inches of hair (yeah only 4 inches).I also plan to start taking hair formula 37 vitamins starting tomorrow. I will increase the protein in my diet, and TRY to increase my daily water intake. I want to start wearing some protective styles (I just have to learn what those are first)to prevent my hair from breaking because my hair is notorious for breaking.

Its really nice to be in an environment where I feel encouraged and feel like I can achieve the hair growth that I am now working towards. Thanks to u all!
hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2007 at 7:22pm
Oh dear my hair stylist said that my hair grows really fast but it breaks just as fast. I didnt relax my hair for about two months and I had more than 2 inches of growth, and thats without vitamins, or any help. But I had to trim off all the ends because they were damaged. So it just seems as if my hair never grows.Oh my I really need to find a way to keep my growth so that I can have at least shoulder length hair. I need help, please stop breaking. I am just gonna baby my hair, treat it like fine wine. I just hope I can see positive changes.
I am trying to grow my 4 inches of hair to at least 10 inches by the rest of the year. Cross your fingers with me people.
hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 10:08am
To braid or not braid that is the question? So here's the dilemma my hair ends constantly split and break so I thought, hey I should wear it braided for the rest of the year to give it a well deserved break. Sounds like an ok idea but.... whenever I wear my hair in braids it thins my hair when I finally take them out, and my hair is already thin as it is. What to do? What to do? Guess I'll have to think about this one for a while longer.
hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2007 at 7:18am
I have decided that I am gonna get braids in my hair. First I will relax my hair. Four weeks post relaxer I will get my hair braied then keep in the braids for two months. This will allow me to stretch my relaxer for three months, and I wont have so much breakage because I wont have to be constantly combing my hair. I will then repeat the process.

I am trying to get my starting pics up. Will post them as soon as possible before I put in the braids.
hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2007 at 8:40pm
I wanted to post some pics of my hair before I braided it. I didnt get a chance to do that because I braided my hair today. The braids are pretty cute.

I am gonna see how long I can stretch my relaxer, and see how much growth I can gain now that I am actively trying to take care of my hair.

I will keep posting my progress.
hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 11:11am
Oh my gosh I think I see new growth. My hair has been relaxed for just about 3 weeks and it looks like my hair has grown almost 3/4 of an inch. My hair is currently in box braids now so I have to wait until I take them out to see the true growth. I feel good. This hair care forum is one of the best.
hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 5:44pm
Oh my gosh. These braids are totally killing me . They are itchy, and I just washed them. They just feel awful. I cant wait to take them out. I have a long way to go though. These babies aren't coming out until the end of March.

I have totally reneged on my personal water challenge . I wanted to drink more water. But that just aint happening. If I drink 1 glass of water per day thats a whole lot. I am trying though. I am also not taking my vitamins consistently. Thats bad. I am gonna walk the straight and narrow now and only do beneficial things for my hair and my skin, and just total overall health in general.     
hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 8:36pm
Now that I have done my research on total hair care (still researching) I have realized that the key to retaining your growth and keeping the hair on your head is moisture, moisture, moisture. I bought a bottle of Care Free Curl Gold. This helps relaxed people like me to keep my hair moisturized when I am doing the baggie method (Put your hair in a ponytail then moisturize your hair ends, seal it with your favourite oil, then put a plastic bag over your ponytail. It does wonders trust me. I was doing this a couple of weeks before I put in braids.
hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 8:51pm
I bought sulfur 8, and castor oil today. I have been told that these have ingredients that help regain hair's thickness. They smell horrible though.

After I used the sulfur 8 my scalp started feeling all tingly. A good tingly though.

Below you will see my hair inspirations. Persons that I want my hair to be like. I just hope none of them are wearing a weave.

Rest in peace Aaliyah girl.

Halle Berry is just goooorgeous

She so adorable

I want Aaliyah's shine with Halle Berry's lenght, and Kelly's cute curls.

hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 6:55pm
I'm exactly 6 weeks post relaxer, and I have been wearing these box braids that I did with kanekolon extension for exactly four weeks. Dont know how much progress I have made. I cant wait to get out of these braids and relax my hair. I plan to stretch my relaxer for another six weeks when I will be twelve weeks post relaxer. I'm so anxious yall.

I washed my braids today. They got all fuzzy   . It looks untidy but 4 more weeks to go, so they gonna stay untidy. Its a short term sacrifice for a long term goal. So I'll look tore up for a month but its all good. No pain no gain
hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 6:46pm
Yeah today is my birthday . I am 21 years old today. My clothes were fly . You should have seen me in my outfit. Pink and black.My outfit was definetely on point.

My hair though was a whole other ball game. It looked a hot mess because of me trying to keep these braids in as long as possible. I feel myself getting weaker, and weaker each day and just want to rip out these dang braids . Gosh. This morning before I left for work I tried to tame my mess of a head as much as possible. I sprayed braid spray on the braids, and put care free gold curl on my roots, then tied my head for about half an hour. It worked for a while, but by the time I got to work my hair looked ridiculous.     

Oh well gotta try. You know what they say if you want to be good your nose gotta run.
hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 8:53pm
Ok I finally took out those dang braids today. I am 9 1/2 weeks post relaxer. I got about 1 1/2 inch new growth. But I am so sad because while removing the braids some parts of my hair got so tangled I had no other option but to cut it to remove the knots. I'm really frustrated. When I go to my hair stylist to get my next relaxer the end of April I'll have to ask her to trim AGAIN to even out the ends. Just when I thought I was making some progress. But I wont give up. I will achieve my goals.

My hair does feel healthier than it did a couple of months ago. All thanks to the hair care tips that I have been receiving. So my hair may not be longer but it definetely is healthier. I guess the lenght will come soon.
hairgoals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgoals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 11:32am
Ok yall time for another update. I relaxed my hair April 29. I had a lot of growth but because of the extreme I had when I was taking out the braids I had to cut to even it up. On the positive side though my hair feels thicker. So my hair is still at the same lenght that is was 3 months ago, but it is a little healthier. I am going to be getting braids again but this time I know what to do to minimize the tangling so I get to retain as much growth as possible. I am going to stretch my relaxer for 4 months this time. Next relaxer August 29.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic