Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I RLY want waves...but not sure if I can get them
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I RLY want waves...but not sure if I can get them

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I RLY want waves...but not sure if I can get them
    Posted: February 02 2007 at 1:49pm

Watz Gud everybody...i'm soo glad I found this site because no matter who I asked or where I looked I was not getting any good answers....anyways...here it goes...first off, i'm Dominican and I have straight hair that doesn't stay down unless I use a doo-rag (brushes alone dont work on it).....anyways....i've been cutting my hair in the same low cut my WHOLE life and I finally decided that it is time for a change so i've decided to try and get waves so I bought some pomade, a brush, and already had a bunch of doo-rags....now all I need to know is the exact process on how to get waves....how much longer I should let my hair grow before getting waves and if I can even get waves at all....here are some pics:

pomade and brush:

My hair:

the slightest suggestions would help...thank u for reading.

Coming From Where I'm From
Emjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 11:39am
No help huh? Well this is what I just started doing...while taking a shower, I put in shampoo and brush my hair, then I wash out shampoo and brush some more...then I dry my hair a bit....put in pink lotion and brush and then put in pomade and brush for a while like 10 mins. and then doo-rag and go to bed. How does that sound? I think i might have to start buying some s-curl because my mom told me my hair used to be curly when I was little and I never knew that since I had been cuttin it low my whole life....so I need help on knowing how to use the s-curl and what type to buy and all that. And also...with the method I'm using...how long will it be before I start seeing some waves?

#1Stunna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #1Stunna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 7:47pm
What I do is basic:

At night brush for about 20 minutes
Put Murrays Pomade in shape you want it in
Brush for a good 10 minutes
Put a smaller amount of murrays in
Put hot towel on head and pat down for 1 to 2 min.
Put d-rag on head
Go to bed

Wake up
Remove d-rag
brush for about 10
Put a light pomade in (murrays light) or (Doo-gro)
Brush for 10 d-rag

I repeat this simple process everyday.

But mainly keep brush in head and brush when you have any spare time. You can use all the pomades and d-rags u want but nothin works other than puttin the brush to ya head 

Brush pattern from wavebuilder.com
KiLlAcAm #23
Emjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 7:59pm
^^ Much propz my dude...that brush pattern pic really helped too

jsvazq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsvazq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2007 at 8:55pm
i have exactly the same hair as emjay
i am puerto rican i am trying 2 get wave but i can't is there any method
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 7:48pm
cosign come to the "360 Waves Part II" section. by the way you have potential but thats not enough if your not dedicated to waves you won't get them. 1st off grow your hair for as long as you can and keep brushin and then post pics so we can help you some more.
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
Shockwave View Drop Down

360 Veteran/Most Improved Playa '07

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shockwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 7:38pm
yeah the three of us hang in that forum and as you can see we don't play when it comes to waves.
Aka Doc Shock
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic