Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Britney goes Bald

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 4:02pm
     Other women choose "bald" as a style and other non-health related reasons, and while I can't feign understanding, I don't assume that they are cracking. Britney is *clearly* suffering, and this was one symptom. Since she does not seem to have an evil heart, I wish her Godspeed. Best, Bob Smile
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Other women choose "bald" as a style and other non-health related reasons, and while I can't feign understanding, I don't assume that they are cracking.

What's to understand? Some people like chocolate and others like vanilla. Some people like opera and don't like sports. Some like sports and don't like opera. Different strokes for different folks. If we all preferred the same things, the world would be a boring place. Personally I wouldn't want blue hair or initials shaved into my head, but some people do. Good for them.

I'm not sure if this is common, but Britney has become something women use to threaten/tease men.

From the girlfriend: Oh well, in that case, now seems like a good time to tell you that I just got the "Britney" haircut.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 10:18pm
It is just shocking because not very many women DO choose to shave their heads bald. When you go out,you arent likely to see it like you do other hair styles. To most women,being bald is something that would depress them very much. Just look at all us on this forum~trying to figure out to protect our hair and help it grow faster.
It's not that we judge anyone who does this,merely,we dont understand it I guess.
But like I said,Britney's hair was apparently in bad shape,so it is somewhat understandable that she'd do this.
I also dont think it would be such a big deal if she wasnt exhibiting other odd behaviors before this happend.It has become more of a ,"What is she going to do next?" kind of deal.
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 10:27am

She and K-Fed are in the midst of a nasty child-custody fight precipitating from their divorce.  It has been reported that K-Fed is building a case that she is an unfit mother and was planning to play the substance abuse card and have her hair tested for drugs.  The theory is she shaved her head to avoid this.

We can all bicker about the reasons why she did it and whether shaving one's head is an indication that ones lug nuts are not properly torqued.  I think it's apparent that Britney's a very troubled person.  Psychological problems, depression, stress and substance abuse take their toll and can lead one to do some very irrational things.  I think the haircut was one of them.
kensrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 7:19pm

http://www.atomfilms.com/film/britney_wigged.jsp

Fun game.... Relating to britney and her hair

Horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 7:19pm
I'm sure there's other hair they can get off her. No wait I saw those photos, guess not.

I can't believe I just wrote that. I'm so ashamed.
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 4:06pm
      Dead C'mon Horse, that's a cheap shot at a woman who  is facing formidable, possibly life-threatening difficulties. I'm not amused about anything Britney. I know that people must laugh to cope, though.
     As for your reply, Heath, I'm grateful that more than 99% of women choose a hair "flavor" more to *my* liking. LOL Bob
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 6:25pm
Taking "cheap shots" in such situations is just as much within the realm of reaction of members of the general populace as is having grave concern for the individual in question.

Based on some of your posts here Bob, I would never have had any clue you were so well satisfied.

[edited to rephrase first sentence, to make my point clear]

Edited by DaveDecker - March 07 2007 at 8:09pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 8:52pm
I can see the headline now:

PANTENE, CLAIROL, AND MAJOR HAIR SALONS FILE FOR CHAPTER 11" as a result of millions upon millions of women following Britney's latest hair fashion.

[Edited to remove link unrelated to celebrity hair]

Edited by DaveDecker - March 07 2007 at 10:19pm
HAWG
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 9:50pm
     Now THAT is really humorous, HAWG! My own wife needled me about her own desire to "hop on board" Britney's "trend". Confused
     BTW, Dave, "Satisfied"??? Me? LOL Until all women are competing with Crystal Gayle, well, that word is a bit strong. Later, Bob    
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 9:55pm
YouTube, Break, Google, and MySpace are filled with videos of women shaving their heads in honor of Britney or for some sort of radio contest.  A few are posted here

[Edited to remove link unrelated to celebrity hair.  Hawg, you are welcome to post your links in the Short Hair Forum, but since they are not of celebrities, they are not appropriate for this Forum.]

Edited by DaveDecker - March 07 2007 at 10:23pm
HAWG
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

I can see the headline now:

PANTENE, CLAIROL, AND MAJOR HAIR SALONS FILE FOR CHAPTER 11" as a result of millions upon millions of women following Britney's latest hair fashion.

Or maybe just wishful thinking on your part?

These same salons are about as likely to go out of business as they are due to the masses choosing my hairstyle.  Don't hold your breath.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 11:43pm
Dave,when did you start growing your hair that long,and how long did it take?
i would grow my hair that long,but I just need to quit coloring it (which I now have)
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 9:44pm
For fear of becoming persona non grata, I'll refrain from comment except to say that my previous post about filing Chapter 11 was intended as pure humor and nothing else.
HAWG
ilovemyself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovemyself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 3:33am
hi

was that a laugh or was that something serious
i heard about it and did,nt pay much attention to it
i would like to say him to all the britney spears fans out there
especially the ones in scotland

it shocked me

i cant wait to see britney back she is a good singer
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 11:08am
Julesyjul,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful compliment! Smile My journey started all the way back in 1992.

Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

For fear of becoming persona non grata, I'll refrain from comment except to say that my previous post about filing Chapter 11 was intended as pure humor and nothing else.

np, Hawg.  That you were being humorous is very clear.  Perhaps I needed to further clarify my prior clarification, to say that cheap shots at celebrities -- not at each other -- are within the realm of this forum.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 2:49pm
Dave,your welcome,your hair is amazing! I hope if I start now maybe one day mine could be almost that long!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic