Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

~*~ Now What Do I Do??? ~*~

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
suezq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suezq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ~*~ Now What Do I Do??? ~*~
    Posted: February 22 2007 at 1:46pm
Hello,

I have been getting my hair permanently coloured (roots touched up with Aveda product) every six weeks at the same salon for over three years now.  The last time I suffered an allergic reaction once I arrived home.  Seeing as how I can no longer continue this regime, what am I supposed to do now?  My roots will be grey.  Any advice / suggestions?  I am desperate!  I am willing to try anything ~ short of shaving my head bald and wearing a wig or wearing a hat for the rest of my life!! Cry Cry Cry

Thank you.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 2:25pm
The most obvious option is to stop dying it.  Many people have the belief that they must hide their gray, and I blame hair dye companies for making all those commercials that told us it had to be that way or we'd look old and then we'd be miserable.  Maybe you should reconsider why you believe so strongly that you must hide it?  Why would being bald be better than being gray?

If you do choose to continue dyeing with chemicals you should definitely go have the allergy test done at your next salon each time before getting your head done so you'll know for sure.

On the natural route, I heard that applications of sage (made into a tea) can darken gray hair to a brown, I don't however know what is in the aveda dye. If its sage you are allergic to, that definitely won't work.

Edited by Susan W - February 22 2007 at 2:25pm
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
nmarinova2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmarinova2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 2:45pm
Did your hairdresser do sommething different this time around? Maybe used a diffrent brand of chemical, or hair product?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic