Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dying hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
akeith90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akeith90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dying hair
    Posted: March 11 2007 at 5:16pm
I'm really thinking about dying my hair to a platinum blonde, almost white color. My hair is naturally fairly dark brown, thick, and kind of coarse depending on the day. Is there any way I could do this at home and not have it turn out orange (many years ago my mom tried dying her hair blonde and it made her hair orange)? Or would it just be best to go to some sort of salon and get it done? And also how much would that cost if I did decide to do that?

Right now my hair is probably at about an inch and a half, though I'll let it grow out to at least 2 inches or so before I do dye it.

Any help would be appreciated
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 8:45am
Orange is a stage it has to go through and past before it gets to yellow in the lightening process.  If you stop at orange, you just didn't go far enough.  She probably just bought a box of blonde dye, thinking that would do it, but that is not going to be enough lift to make dark brown hair turn blonde.

It probably will be easier for you to just go to a salon, you will not be able to get platinum hair from dark brown without bleaching it first (with hair bleach), then dying or toning it after that to get it from yellow to white.  It would be much easier to just let them do it.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
akeith90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akeith90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 9:58pm
Do you know how much that would cost?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 8:11am
No, I tend to do these things myself and not frequent salons, but you can call a few in the phone book and ask the ones near you for exact pricing.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 5:26am
you can do it at home since you have short hair, it can be easier. you need to have a scalp safe bleach coz i guess you want to die your hair to your scalp.

its going to be painful, your scalp will burn and itch like hell, you may burn your scalp if you are not carefull. dark brown to platinum blonde is like lifting 9 levels which is a lot.

but beauty has its price..muaaahhaa
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic