Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"My" invisible weft -bis , with more PICS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
milachkaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milachkaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 1:52pm
gotcha...
I will try that next time...i place my wefts about 1.5 inches from the part as well.

"Measure life by not how many breaths you take in a moment but by how many moments take your breath away."
6excgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6excgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 7:25pm
YESsss! That is the step I have been missing with tape /seamless extensions! I always had problems with the "lighter" strip, since my hair is exactly the same color as your hair. After reading your post, I just put another layer of double side supertape on top of the weft, and let my own top hair fall over it. Don't know how long it will last, maybe LG is longer lasting, but so far it is working great. Thank you so much for this priceless tip... even if the post is a few years old.
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 11:26am

I'm really happy if this post helped you out!

Yes, for a seamless application, you want:
- A layer of your own hair that will stick to your top layer (be it with Liquid Gold or tape, I just found out that tape on top shows through for me, after a few days of wear unlike a thin line of LG) so that your own hair looks like it is totally blending with the weft hair (and colorwise it allows more flexibility, because you can get a natural graudual lightening effet if you want)

- + A layer of your own hair that is 'free flowing' an that will fall on top of the layer of your own that is glued to your top row. This really makes the look flawless, so that your hair on top moves and look 100% natural
6excgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6excgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 12:07pm
I noticed that with the tape too, Frenchie. It looked good for about 2 days, then my top hair started not to stick anymore to the top tape. I will try LG next. Question though...do you know if the same remover/solvent will remove both LG and supertape? If so, which remover would work for both? I have c-22 now but do not know if it works for LG. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge!

frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 11:57am
Yes, I think so.
C22 is an orange type of solvent, isn't it? I'm pretty sure it works on removing LG.
You just have to let it sit a while, that you would do with an oil base type of solvent.
Quick little trick to speed up the process: try warming it up a bit. Usually warmer solvents work faster. :-)

You can use acetone otherwise, or other types of classic solvents. Cant think of names right now.
The supersafe adhesive remover from hairdirect is what I use right now.
It is 100% natural and the softest solvent i have ever used, which is why I switched to this product.

lovedana16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 1:00pm
Yes C-22 works for LG... LG sells their own remover cheap too, it works on tape too, but I like the spray of the C22 better....
- Oh and random but when you use c-22 /adhesive remover, how do y'all get all the solvent out, my hair felt sooo thick/gross where I used it... I ended up using dish soap and vinegar ( both via internet searching) and then washed 2 more times... is there an easier way? lol
texasbellamora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasbellamora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2012 at 11:22am
Hi Frenchie,

I've been reading your posts about using the liquid gold adhesive for a while and decided to give it a try. I absolutely LOVE it hands down. I've been doing sew ins, quick weaves, fusions, (which caused breakage and thinning) and now I am simply bonding. I love this method better because there is little tension on my hair, I can wear it up, down, wash it, etc. I was skeptical about bonding because it is a huge "NO" in the black hair community. To remove the bonds, I use 100% acetone to remove the wefts and the glue boogers and it works like a charm!! The wefts sometimes fall out by themselves and then I take the bottle of acetone with a fine tooth come and remove the boogers and they comb right out Clap 

I noticed you mentioned using a new remover from Hairdirect. I wanted to get your opinion in comparison of the remover VS acetone. Which do you perfer? What are the pros/cons?
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2012 at 9:56am
So glad LG worked for you Texasbellamora!
The remover I use from hairdirect is the "Ultra safe adhesive remover".

I use it not because it is the fastest or most efficient remover, but because it's 100% natural, and VERY gentle. So gently you could drink it apparently!
I have been wearing extensions for years, and doing removals on a fairly regular basis, & I started worrying about the health impact of the chemicals, in the long run.
Just a personal concern I had.
This remover I mentioned works well (give it a few minutes), you spray it, massage it in the hair, then let it work a little, then the wefts come out.
On stubborn spots I use acetone spray, but it's rare, sometimes I dont have to.
But it's good to keep an acetone spray on hands.

Otherwise there are many other good solvents out there. Cant think of names right now!... lol
I HATE the LG remover, it stinks like HELL. Cant stand the thing, and I am used to strong stuff. And it doesn't work. Genius.

The orange/oily removers are a good choice.
The SUper Solv is a good choice as well. Fairly gentle on skin as well.

Hope you find something that works!
But remember: acetone works right away and evaporates quickly, whereas oily solvents take a little bit of time to work. And heat usually speed up the process for oily removers, whether you heat up the product before spraying or once on the bond.

You have to do it in a ventilated space, except if you use the Ultra Safe remover I mentioned. It's great, and it's anti fungal too. So leave it overnight if you'd like, and you'll get a good scalp treatment too! ;-)
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2012 at 9:57am
Forgot to mention this: acetone used to give me massive headaches. Turns out, you can get intoxicated, if you use too much.
SO be careful with it.

frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 10:33am
Some people use C22 and Goo Gone with success too.
Never tried C22, but did try Goo Gone. Good product but I'd rather use it to wash my wefts when they're out, rather than pouring it on my scalp. There are gentler products out there.
But then again, everyone is different, so you've got to find what works best for you, with your chemistry.
texasbellamora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasbellamora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2012 at 8:44am
Well thanks for responding Frenchie. I think I am going to try the natural remover from hair direct and see what that does. The only other thing that I have tried (other than acetone) was the actual liquid gold remover - which I hated!! I will be sure to let you know how everything turns out!!

Thanks againSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic