Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - coloring made me loose more hair in the shower!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

coloring made me loose more hair in the shower!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anizu89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anizu89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: coloring made me loose more hair in the shower!!!!
    Posted: March 26 2007 at 10:55pm
hi everyone.......im Ani.......i colored my hair about 2 months ago for the third time in my life, and it didnt go so well......i began to lose more hair everyday since i washed the dye out.....the hair loss has gotten a little better to the point that i dont wake up with hairs on my pillow....but i still loose more hair in the shower and when i brush my hair.....has anyone else had a similar problem....and if so how long does it take for the hair to recover....and what can i do to restore my hair
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 8:30am
Yes, that's what happens.  If your hair is not damaged to the point where its breaking off, but the hairs are just falling out of your head, it should improve as your roots grow in.  For those of us that kept our roots dyed, losing more hair in the shower is just part of the game.  Usually you don't lose so much that its noticeable to anyone else.

If its damaged to the point where its breaking off, (if its shorter hairs you are getting, not ones that fall out from the scalp) the dyed hair will likely continue to break, and you will have to be more careful with it (don't rip your brush through it or anything like that...you should never hear snaps when you brush, dyed hair or no,  if you do you're being too rough with it).  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
anizu89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anizu89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 9:13am
thanks so much for responding......this website has helped me alot.......its good to get answer about this.......i never knew how much my hair affected me emotionally....thanks so much much for responding
sara123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 11:06pm
I've been losing my hair too, after dyeing my hair for the fourth time ever...more in the shower than anywhere else, and I think it's very noticeable, to the point where it's freaking me out. I won't dye my hair anymore - ever.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do to stop the falling out and get it to grow back in fast- a supplement or what foods promote hair growth. I hate leaving the house because I think it's so noticeable, even though hubby and my mom say it's fine and it will grow back. It's not breaking off, it's falling out.
anizu89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anizu89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 2:19pm
hey sara123....i'm sorry ur going through this, i feel ur pain.....i have recently discovered a product that is FDA approved and has many great stories of ppl with hair loss issues who get their hair back, its called ScalpMed, here is the website so u can check it out and see what u think........i havent tried it yet.....but it seems great, maybe this will help u....let me know if u try it, and it goes for u.....hope to hear from u soon.....feel better....i know it sucks to see ur hair falling out in the shower.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 7:02am
Sara, I know you are feeling very self conscious about what looks like a lot of lost hair to you, but if your family says its not noticeable, its probably not.  There are a lot of products out there that claim to grow hair fast, but as long as I've been trying to grow my hair, not one thing has ever made it grow faster.  If you stop dyeing it, it will grow back in.  (Its good that its not breaking off because that would be an indicator of damage that is likely to get worse.  The falling out will stop when you don't dye it anymore).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
sara123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 9:09am
Thanks anizu89 and Susan W.

Actually, the next time I showered only one hair came out in the shower, and it's been pretty much the same since, which was quite a relief! I was panicking before because the last few times before that when I ran my hands through my hair as I rinsed it, my hands seemed full of hair. I was just touching it and it was like I was pulling a bunch of hair out.

I'm going to stop dyeing. I've stopped...I'm not sure why I started, except I wanted a change and so many people I know do it all the time. They never mentioned hair loss as a side effect. My hair is very fine as it is so I guess that might have been a contributing factor. But I've learned my lesson...and really just typing out how I felt about it seemed to be a stress releaser, because I felt a lot better after I posted. I'm sure the stress made it worse.

I feel a lot better, and your responses have really helped. Thank you so much!    
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 9:39am
 Nobody mentions it probably because we all know it falls out some when you dye it, and it usually doesn't fall out to the point where anyone notices so many people don't worry about it.  Stress does make it worse, I'm glad yours has already stopped!   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic