Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chris00786 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris00786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Help
    Posted: April 21 2007 at 6:20am
My hair is generally limp and weak. Using Philip Kigsley products, for the day, the hair will stay nice and soft and managable.
However towards the evening and especially next day my hair becomes greesy/oily which would mean I would have to shampoo daily.
The fact my hair is gurateed greesy/oily by the next day, if I wanted to use my elsticizer on my hair I would have to shampoo it first to get the grease out, otherwise my hair would start to fall out of my scalp as I would be dragging my fingers through the hair.
So how would I approach this matter?

I am using Almond oil mixed with a tiny bit of rosemary oil for my scalp to help stregthen my hair and make it grow faster.

Just wanted to know if there was anything wrong with my method and if anything extra you could advise?

My daily or every other day method -
Wet Hair, Apply airbonne intelligent shampoo with tea tree oil (was using PK moisturising shampoo until this week) * 2, wash hair then apply PK moisturising conditioner. Finally after washing a final time apply Airbonner thermal fusion and rinse.

Once out of the shower I apply a few drops of the almond oil/rosemary to the scalp.

Hope any 1 can help.

Sarsvati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarsvati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 1:56pm
First of all, it would be helpful to know what your hair texture is, 'cause it's hard to say what products might be right for your hair otherwise. Is it staight, curly, fine , coarse?
I couldn't find airbonne shampoo online, so it's had to give advice on whether that might be helping or adding to your problem. But I'm pretty sure that moisturizing shampoo youn were using was adding to the greasiness. That shampoo is for curly, frizzy hair, so it's made to weigh down the hair some. ANd you say your hair is already limp, so you probably want to be using a lighter shampoo.
Also, I know you're trying to strengthen your hair with the the almond oil, but applying it directly to your scalp right after shampooing is just going to make your hair oilier that much faster. Perhaps instead, you could apply oil the night before you shampoo. Then you would get faster hair growth benifits without having oily hair all of the time. The rest of the time, you could just apply the oil to the ends of your hair, not your scalp. That should keep the ends more protected. Since you have limp hair, you might have to experiment a bitwith how much oil you use before you find the right balance between moisture and greasiness.
I don't know if you already do this, but you want ot make sure you apply conditioner on the length only (ears down). COnditioning your scalp will just weigh it down and make it limp.
What is an elasticizer?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic