Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New board moderator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New board moderator
    Posted: April 13 2003 at 8:24pm
Hello everybody,

Karen has graciously permitted me to serve in the role of administrator / moderator for the Long Hair Support message board. I look forward to participating in the discussions here (more than I have lately!).

For those of you who don't know me or of me... I have long hair myself. Quite long, actually. It's presently just past my knees. No kidding! So I fully support anybody who wants to grow or keep their hair long.

Hope every one of you is having a great hair day!
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 9:06pm
Dave,
Do you really have hair to your knees??? WOW! I have never met a man with hair that long! I have seen guys with hair a little past their waist before but never longer than that.

Without getting too personal, appox. how old are you and how long have you been growing your hair?
What color is your hair?
Do you have a lady, a girlfriend or wife and what does she think of your long hair?
And what do you do for work? How do your co-workers accept your hair?
What part of the world do you live? In the U.S. or the U.K.? In a city or a smaller place?

I hate to ask you so many questions but I have never heard of a man with hair that long except for maybe religious men in India or something like that!

I at one time had waist length hair(I wear a short pixie now), and I know how much time it took to take care of my hair. To have hair as long as yours, I can barely imagine having hair that long! Even most women will never have hair that long!
THAT IS JUST INCREDIBLE! ! ! ! !

My fiance has longer hair than me, because I'm wearing my hair so short now. It doesn't bother me at all that he has longer hair than me. To each their own in fashion and in their life.

I think many women actually like long hair on guys. I've known many women that like long hair on men. If your hair is well taken care of, neat and clean, I think it is incredibly sexy that you have hair that long!!!!!

I'm absolutely amazed that you have hair that long!

Sorry to ask you so many questions but you must admit it isn't every day you see a guy with hair past his knees!!!!!
Lady Maria
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 10:04pm
Hi Dave! Good to have you as moderator.

I'm with Maria, though maybe not QUITE that excited. My husband had nearly waist length hair when we met.
Would you post a picture?

Traci
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2003 at 1:29pm
Hi Dave

Thanks for introducing yourself.
Men with long hair make me go weak at the knees -you can definitely count me as a fan!!!

I look forward to hearing your opinions and advice.

Best wishes

Uzma
Uzi

Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2003 at 3:00pm
Good to see you moderating here, Dave....can you stop causing such a stir now please? :oP

FWIW, folks, I can confirm the truth of Dave's hair length - and yes, it is very impressive.

Chris
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2003 at 5:33pm
Hey Davvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee,

Thank you for being here. I know you will help generate a lot of talk for us long haired folks around here. :-)

And hi to Beatnik. Long time no hear. :-)

Of course hi to everyone else.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 9:07pm

I have to say I really enjoy having Dave as our moderator!

He does a great job and his hair is very impressive!

Magnificent, even.

strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 4:48am
I agree. Dave was a nice fit for the job. I'm glad he does it.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 10:38am
This question is to all people with very long hair-how long does it take to comb/dry? it takes mine ages to air dry and it's only mid back so how long does it take you waist length, feet length, five metres on the floor length people?
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 5:06pm
It takes the same amount of time for my hair to air-dry as when it was shorter. The length is not a factor.

If your hair was very, very long, you might have to carefully lay it out to make sure it dries in one layer.

Combing takes about the same time or less, as I have fewer tangles than back when I used to abuse my hair.

But when you reach knee-length, you can't reach the ends anymore, so you have to modify your technique, which I guess does add considerable time to the operation.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 1:00pm
I think length is a factor because it takes me twice the time to comb/dry my hair then my shorter haired friends. eg. after two hours of being rubbed with a towel, my hair is still damp. My friends hair dries in about half an hour. 
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 6:48pm
Hi Strawberryfine and PurpleBubba,

Thank you both so much for your kind words! 

deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 1:43pm

Hi Hi:

Dave has done a great job. 

Please keep up the great work.

Susan

Susan
hairfitness101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfitness101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 1:55pm

Hello everyybody. Long time since I have had the time to post, I'm glad to be back. Can I ask, what is your hair regimen every day? ie.:

1-how often do you wash it, do you c/o, or c/w/c etc?

2-what products do you use? Leave-ins etc.Do you ever use hairspray or gels.?

3-How long have you been growing your beautiful manes-love the pics.,my hair is shiny but its also curly and fine, and it doesnt look as shiny as straight hair does, but I refuse to ever press/straighten my hair again- since having to chop it all off-its just above my collarbone now-was about belly button length.Boo hoo! Still depressed over that whole thing.What was I thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-What kind of brushes/combs do you use and how often?Do you use essential oils(e/o's),or scalp massage?

5-what is your vitamin regimen? And any other important details you want to add,I would love to read. Thanks bunches.!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 12:17pm

Originally posted by uzma uzma wrote:

Hi Dave

Thanks for introducing yourself.
Men with long hair make me go weak at the knees -you can definitely count me as a fan!!!

I look forward to hearing your opinions and advice.

Best wishes

Uzma

WHAT SHE SAID, YES!

Beatnik Guy, your hair is gorgeous, too!  Dave's hair type looks close to mine so I'm intrigued.  How do you do it, guys?  I hate wearing my hair up but will braid or french braid.  Any tips?

SF

strawberryfine
2aFii
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 2:41pm
Dave -

Hi. I'm having some trouble loading images. It's giving me this error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/forum/functions/functions_upload.asp, line 288

800401f3

any idea what that could be? The image I'm trying to upload here is only
4KB in size - not that big.
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
chitraa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chitraa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2006 at 11:55am

Hi dave

nice 2 hav u as moderator. u hav lovely hair, guys 2 lik 2 hav longhair. i lik wearing it kneelength. how would ladies like it?

bye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 3:38pm
Hi Dave,

It's been a while since I posted here so I thought I'd stop by and say "Hi" to you and all the "oldtimers" who might remember me and to all the newbies as well.

I need to post a new pic in my avatar- I am at 27" now, just about 2" above waist-I'm short- so soon as I figure out how to do a new avatar I will.

Glad you are still here, Dave.  Hi to everyone!

strawberryfine
strawberryfine
2aFii
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic