Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how much protein?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dacrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dacrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how much protein?
    Posted: May 05 2007 at 10:36am
For trying to make your hair grow faster, how much protein should you have a day?

For the first month I'd have a lot (60-100g) but since have cut down since im a little worried about side effects of too much soy protein isolate. Now I try for 50 a day. Im also taking a break from weightlifting so the protein isn't all used by the growing muscles.

If you don't know, how much protein do you have per day? does it seem to make a difference? Thanks!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by dacrow dacrow wrote:

For trying to make your hair grow faster, how much protein should you have a day?

For the first month I'd have a lot (60-100g) but since have cut down since im a little worried about side effects of too much soy protein isolate. Now I try for 50 a day. Im also taking a break from weightlifting so the protein isn't all used by the growing muscles.

If you don't know, how much protein do you have per day? does it seem to make a difference? Thanks!

I don't think there's a true formula. Are you vegetarian? are you diabetic?

As a general rule, I stick with "servings" rather than "grams," trying to stay with the 2-3 servings of meat/fish/poultry/nuts/tofu per day and that has been working quite well.

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic