Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bleached blond adding in lowlights, advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Afakeleg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afakeleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bleached blond adding in lowlights, advice
    Posted: May 14 2007 at 5:02pm
OK... so i have bleached hair and about 4 inches of dark, more of an ashy, blond root area. I want to pull the dark ash blond through the rest of my hair and pull through... a med. golden blond. I plan on using a cap, pulling as much through as possible, and doing differant parts of it with the 2 colors. I think the results would be pleasent and I doesn't seem too difficult to me. ... Originally I wanted to use Goldwell Elumen BG@7 for the gold and just some box of dark ash blond (was thinking loreal natural match). Deciding that was kind of a risk and extrememly expensive (even buying Elumen from Ebay) I decided to go with Wella Color Charms in permanent. After looking at their color chart I picked out 7G Medium Pure Gold Blonde (gold base), and 6A (462) Dark Ash Blonde (blue base).
Now comes my concerns...
I've heard sometimes putting an ash base over bleached hair will give funky color results...
Will the colors come out too dark on bleached hair?
NOW I just looked in the closet at the developer I have left from Wella and discovered it's actually the activating lotion for the demipermanent color charms. GREAT. So, now trying to convert my color choices to match the demi's. They don't seem to have as wide a selection... 7WG Medium Sandy Gold and 6N Dark natural Blonde? The darkest "ash" blond is 7A medium ash blond. Havin problems with the demis... any advice, help, recomendations, would be greatly appreciated!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 4:12pm
Ash blonde tends to look GREEN on bleached hair. It really depends though on the color you already have. It your hair is very light blonde,like the inside of a banana peel,then using an ASH color will make hair look green.
If your hair is just a light to golden blonde it shouldnt really bother it much.

Anyways,I have done this and the green tones washed out after a few days. Good luck!Wink

Edited by julesyjul88 - May 16 2007 at 4:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic