Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

braiding baby hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jayjay2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayjay2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: braiding baby hair
    Posted: May 22 2007 at 2:35pm
will it be okay if my 6 month old gets his hair braided cause his hair is real long
fatkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 11:11pm
Can you post pics of your baby without the braids and then with the braids.  I know I'm late but what are you doing to your childs hair now?  When my four boys were 2 months old I started putting ponytails in their hair and didn't braid their hair untill they were 2 years old but only every other month.  With my 3 year old I only do ponytails now.
mz. dimples
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2010 at 12:54pm
I began braiding my daughter's hair when she was 2 months old (ponytails at 2 weeks). Just as long as you are not pulling the hair too tight, you can braid the hair with no problems.
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
JStegen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JStegen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2010 at 5:48pm
It is completely ok to braid your baby's hair at 6 months.  Ofcourse it shouldn't be braided too tight.   Also you can secure the end of baby's braid with a covered elastic band. It's tempting to use teeny rubber bands, because they grip the hair really well. But if they're breaking hair off when you remove them, they're causing damage to baby's hair and should not be used any more. There are plenty of decorative baby styling products, like ribbons, little flowers and beaded hair clips that can cover the elastic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic