Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bobs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blondielocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondielocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bobs
    Posted: May 28 2007 at 2:44pm
Hi!

My hair is about 1 inch past shoulders when straightened. It's got a slight wave to it otherwise. I was aiming at growing it, but it grows so slow now I'm unsure, and when it does grow it seems to be unable to even reach a couple of inches past shoulder length!

So yeah, I was thinking of a bob maybe...?

I'm not sure though I've seen so many pics of ones I like but I'm not sure...straight / angled...bangs...?

My face is oval, I currently have no bangs. (Will try and post a pic) My hair has never really been short, as in above shoulders, so I don't know how short to go, or whether to go for something a bit 'messy'.

Any help appreciated. Will post some pics of ideas and would appreciate your input. Thanks.
*Hair 12 inches long (shoulder length), goal 19 inches*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondielocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2007 at 2:52pm
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2007 at 5:03pm
Hello Blondielocks,

In addition to participating within the Short Hair Forum, you may also want to participate in the Long Hair Forum.  I am not trying to sway you one way or the other; I offer my suggestion precisely because of what you wrote in your message.  I think everybody here would agree that we all just want you to be happy with your hair, no matter what length or style you choose.

conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2007 at 9:27pm

Here are a few of my favorites that my wife liked when she was looking for a new cut.  Hope it helps.Big%20smile

Edited by conrad - May 28 2007 at 9:28pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondielocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 2:33pm
Thanks for the advice Dave!

Ooh and thanks Conrad for the pics! I quite like the ''messier'' ones and I love the colour of Sarah Harding's hair - not natural of course!

My hair is quite fine, what would you suggest?
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 4:03pm
Your Welcome!  My wife has thin hair also, she went with a Victoria Beckham look as per above(not as stacked in the back).  The models name is Charisma Carpenter ( the messy look), strangely, my wife likes that look also, so i would say y'all both have great taste.  I think both styles look great!

Good luck
and see more from Charisma Carpenters shoot with the messy hair.

conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 5:59pm

Here are a few more that my wife liked.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 6:06pm
some more....

Here are a few more that my wife and I liked.....hope it helps!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 1:59pm
Conrad,
I like the picture of the girl in the white dress, but i Love the one just below with the girls ears showing. Very sexy. Do you think your wife might go for that?
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 2:02pm
Blondielocks,
What about this style?
 or or
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2007 at 7:26pm
Oh I wish she would try it, i think she would look great.  I ve taken a break from showing her anything b/c she is really happy with her hair right now.  Still one length about chin level.  I would love to see it stacked a bit in the back.  She may switch stylist b/c her last haircut was WAY TOO much.  If she does, we can maybe revisit the shorter cut as the pic above has.  We talked about it awhile back, but that would have been too drastic for her at the time.  Any suggestions?
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2007 at 8:03am

Blondielocks, here are some new V.B. picks.  I think i need to show these to my wife.  Her best friend came over to visit last night and she got her hair cut shorter than my wifes, and she really liked itBig%20smile.  So hit while the iron is hot! If she came home one day with this haircut, i would most likely dieBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile
It appears to have grown out some, but it is very similar to my wifes good friends new do.

I'll try to upload them later.

Edited by conrad - June 04 2007 at 6:46pm
africa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2007 at 3:28pm
can i trye and help
been cutting hair for 25 years
zelda

Edited by DaveDecker - June 04 2007 at 6:32pm
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 6:22pm
Conrad,

I love the VB pictures. You wife would look stunning like that. Big%20smile

By the way what did you mean by "WAY TOO" ? way too short, way too expensive? Sorry but i didn't quite follow you.

Blondielocks,

Have you had anymore thoughts about what you are going to do with your style???
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 8:21pm
Way too expensive, sorry!  We discussed the prices with another friend of ours who goes to this same stylist.  Anyway, well see if she goes to someone else.  I have told her that I have 2 clients who are hairstylist ( and one of our friends used him before she moved).  So she may ask me for names and numbers.

well see.  but to see if she would do the "modern pixie"(ears exposed) would be a big change,  I think she would go for the stacked VB pick b/c my wifes hair is about that short (right below the ear), just not stacked.  p.s. is that the right term, stacked?

Thanks
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 5:07pm
Snippet -
Well i sent my wife the picks of Rihanna and VB and she said she may experiment with the VB look if, and I quote, "you get that lady to stop shaving off all your hair".  I get a 1-1/2 on the back and sides and a 4 or 5 on the top.  She really did not like the 4 on top, and let me know itAngry.  I love it shorter on me b/c it is sooooo easy, expecially in the summer when i swim a bunch.  But hey,I will trade her a #2 on sides and 5 on top - in a second -  if she wants to get the VB cut.  We are going to dinner tonight, I'll bring it up and see what happens.  If I play my cards right, she may do it.Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

Edited by conrad - June 06 2007 at 5:10pm
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 5:16pm
blondielocks -
    Did you go for the new do?  I think you would look great at any length, but if you are hesitant about a big change, just bring it up to above the shoulders.  After that you may realise that you liked it and want to try it shorter (my wife did, and she is entertaining the photo of VP that i just posted).  Anyway, you can go for the gusto and do it as short as you want.  I personally think a shorter style oooozes confidence, b/c it exposes you completely, i.e. no hair to hide behind.  Not saying by any means that longer hair makes you wimpy or timid.  Just my personal taste.

Good luck, and if you want any more picks, just throw out a request, and if i have some, i will try to upload them.  however, the website is acting up today.

post some picks if you can/want to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic