Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the SECRET

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the SECRET
    Posted: June 05 2007 at 1:43am
has anyone heard of the book the secret? have u read it???
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 11:43am
Tangles, did you see the original "The Secret" movie?

bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 1:29pm
yea that was the s**t LOL

Edited by bigmomma - March 27 2008 at 1:30pm
First There Was 2 Sets Of Footprints In The Sand, Then There Was 1 Set Of Footprints In The Sand ,When Time Gets Hard And sh*t Hits The Fan God Don't Walk With Me He Carry Me Man!(50)
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 3:06am
Hi Tangles,
I saw the movie, and had a hard time staying awake. I was greatly disappointed. They act is if doin the right thing and thinking the right thoughts is some kinda big secret.
Gods universal indisputable gift to us: FAITH
Whether we believe it or not.....it's still a fact. God has given us all the gift of faith to use how ever we choose, it's our decision.
They took the best things of Christianaity and applied them like it was some kind of new age thought.

Edited by mokipono - April 13 2008 at 3:08am
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 10:00pm

I also have to say I was disappointed with the movie The Secret.  While I do believe in the law of attraction to a certain degree, that movie went way overboard. 

I turned it off when it got to the part talking about how people can bring on diseases to themselves by negative thought.  While that is true to a certain extent, since a person's state of mind can influence their immune system, I disagree that all disease is caused by negative thinking. 

Furthermore, they had the audacity to suggest that people can 'cure' themselves with positive thinking.  'Miracles' do exist, but it's really just a random act of Divine intervention when a miracle cure happens, not because you willed it with positive thought.

The person in the movie can't cure themselves of cancer with positive thought, and to suggest they can, is irresponsible.

I have always been a positive person, trying to do the right thing, loving my neighbor as myself, etc, yet I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.  To suggest a poor attitude on my behalf brought on that disease is insulting to me.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 10:04pm
i havent sen the moive- only red the book, just like with everything, take from it what touches you and leave the rest....
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 3:01am

Hey Tangles,

Sorry I was so negative in my post. You're right about taking what works and applying it to our lives.

What did you think of the Secret?
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2008 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by mokipono mokipono wrote:

Hi Tangles,
I saw the movie, and had a hard time staying awake. I was greatly disappointed. They act is if doin the right thing and thinking the right thoughts is some kinda big secret.
Gods universal indisputable gift to us: FAITH
Whether we believe it or not.....it's still a fact. God has given us all the gift of faith to use how ever we choose, it's our decision.
They took the best things of Christianaity and applied them like it was some kind of new age thought.  

Thumbs%20Down I don't find this to be true.  If you had a hard time staying awake, maybe it's the reason you're not so sure.  Christianity is not the only religion on the planet either!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic