Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kinky Twist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gullt4049 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gullt4049 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinky Twist
    Posted: June 24 2007 at 10:06pm
 just got some kinky twist yesterday and I was wondering when are they going to loosen up because right not they look puffy. People keep telling when when they loosen up they are going to look better and you can do more with them. I always want to know how to maintain them so they wont look bad. If you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it.
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 11:48pm
umm... I've done numerous kinky twists and they never look puffy. Maybe they are too tight or the stylist used too much hair. Have you tried rinsing them? or saturating the roots with braid spray? this alway helps to loosen up my corn-rows. As for maintenance: tie at night with a scarf. Spray daily with braid spray or other moisturizer like S-Curl. Massage scalp with EVOO about 3 times a week. Wash every two weeks or so with diluted shampoo and use a leave-in conditioner like Infusium. HTH
andreahidges View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreahidges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 9:46pm
Wait at least two weeks after your hair is styled to wash it. This will help the hair set.

Wash hair by placing an astringent on a cotton ball and rubbing it into your scalp.

Use hair oil after washing your scalp with astringent. Place this on your scalp and on your hair to add some shine.

Spray your hair with water, followed by leave-in conditioner two to four times per week. Chris-Tia Donaldson, author of "Thank God I'm Natural," recommends not using thick conditioner as this can build-up inside of the twists.

Wear a silk scarf when sleeping. Chris-Tia Donaldson states that this helps keep the style in place.

Touch up hair every two to three weeks at the crown and every month at the base of the neck to keep hair looking "caught up."

Have your hair trimmed every few months to avoid split ends and excess damage.
dcssalman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcssalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 5:14am
Great very impressive  ur story  is massively mind blowing 
Dayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 3:26pm
I have never done a kinky twist. How is this done?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic