Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My worst experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shanarana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanarana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My worst experience
    Posted: July 07 2007 at 3:52pm
Even though it happened a long time ago, I'll never forget.

I was in high school and had decided to color my hair blond from brown.  All was good, than I decided a perm would look good with the blond hair so I went to a salon in town the day after I colored my hair to see if I could get a perm.

I told the "owner" no less that I had just colored my hair the day before and if it would be safe to get a perm over it (I didn't know better at the time), and he said sure, not a problem...it'll look great.

So I begin the perm process and at the time my hair was about shoulder length and was excited for the end result.  Well I guess you know what I'm gonna say next.

When my perm was done it was orange/blond and dry as anything so they gave me a trim and sent me home

While at home I was pulling my hair right out of my head in clumps...I was a basket case and cried to my mother who told me I didn't have to go to school the next day and go back to the salon to get it fixed.

Went back the next day and spent the whole day under the dryer with condtion treatments (about five of them) that only helped a little, than they chopped it off real short. The very worst experience I've ever had.  It's been over 27 years, but I'll never forget it.

The greedy owner should have not put a perm on my hair after I just colored it the day before.......it scared me for every salon visit I go to, so I don't go anymore and just trim it myself.

Edited by Shanarana - July 07 2007 at 3:54pm
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 10:38pm
im glad you shared your experience, i dont mean to slam ALL professional stylists out there, but after just too many bad results and paying top prices i finally developed a complete paranoia of going into a salon, i've done my own hair since 1999... i had the exact experience you did with the 'its safe to perm this overly fried bleached to death hair, sure, but i'll have to be careful and use a special (more expensive) solution'....with the end result of breaking (crumbling) hair
lotta talkin 'bout hair n other stuff: http://www.diyextensions.net/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic