Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hilary Swank to cut hair for charity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2007 at 9:17am
Of course she's doing it for publicity! She's trying to publicize Pantene Beautiful Lengths, not herself. Getting a charity press increases donations. It's what charities dream for. Have you ever been involvedin a charity?
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2007 at 10:19am
No, but I work in public relations every day. And sarcasm, by the way.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 4:26pm
     If there is a NEED for hair donations, save the explosion of extensions, please explain it to me. As for Hilary, long rocks, and emphasizes her femininity. To me, this publicity stunt on Oprah is silly, and it's an attempt to shame others into doing the same. Bob halloween11
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 4:45pm
What is silly or new about a publicity stunt?  Shame others into doing the same, again whats new about that, the red cross does it.. homeless people up to their knees in flood water, united way does it...battered women entering one of their shelters..   Hollywood celeb giving up some hair... seems pretty harmless to me.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

What is silly or new about a publicity stunt?  Shame others into doing the same, again whats new about that, the red cross does it.. homeless people up to their knees in flood water, united way does it...battered women entering one of their shelters..   Hollywood celeb giving up some hair... seems pretty harmless to me.

Oh Hal, Don't worry about Bob, he gets cranky anytime any female cuts their hair for just about any reason!  CryLOLWink  (you know I'm just giving you a hard time Bob!)

arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 9:43pm
I think it's great of Hilary to donate and even better of Oprah to promote it. I'm sure there will be more women on the show that day who are also donating. I think Hilary will look great afterwards. I've already set my DVR recorder to record it(cuz Dave said i had to), and i'd gladly make you a copy of the show Bob LOL
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 12:53am
Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

I'm sure there will be more women on the show that day who are also donating. I think Hilary will look great afterwards.  LOL
Oh really? There are no guarantees.

And given the choice...

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 5:37am

Of the pics Kramer posted...

I think they both look good.  Of course, (being I generally like short hair) I will go with the first pic Smile
Skydancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skydancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 1:00pm
I liked the short one of those two pictures best too.
"Sometime's you have to roll the hard six"

"I hope evil takes mastercard"
jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 2:22pm
Has anyone heard the date that she will be on the Oprah Show to cut her hair?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 3:43pm
Nother sad day. I just hope it isn't as short when she did Boy's don't cry"
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic