Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you fix a bad perm??????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amurtiger7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amurtiger7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you fix a bad perm??????
    Posted: August 05 2007 at 2:14am
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

I used to have very healthy board straight armpit length hair.  My Husband suggested that I have a perm, so I gave it some thought....I was do for a change, it was either highlights or a perm. To make him happy I choose the perm.

I sat in the chair at JC Pennys for half an hour explaining to the hairdressing,(plus the time it took her to roll it) that I wanted a wave/body perm. Hair that looked like Jennifer Love Hewitt's. She said that JLH hair was curled, but she would give me a perm to achieve the results that I wanted. I told her that I did not want a tight poodle perm or a spiral and she said that was so 80's and reassured me that I would be happy. 

As she was rolling my hair, I asked her once that those tiny pink rods where going to give me big flowing curls and she said that my hair was fine and I needed smaller rollers to keep in the curl and then she said trust me, you will be pleased. So I thought she was the expert and knew what she was doing.  As she did the last rod, I looked up in the mirror and something did not feel right, I wanted to back out, but I did not. 

She applied the solution, left for what was suppose to be 20 minutes, but felt like 10. Said I was ready lets go take out the rollers.  When she sat me up and wrapped my head in a towel my heart was pounding, I thought I was going to look great. She plopped me down in my seat in front of that mirror again,when I lifted my head up to look my Jaw dropped........ I HAD POODLE CURLS.

They where so tight that my armpit length hair was barely touching my shoulders.  I was instantly displeased and I let her know it.  She said that she could get the hot iron and curl it, I told her that, that defeated the purpose of the perm.  Well they did not do anything for me. They did reduce the price, charged me for a highlight and knocked off $10. So I only paid $35 verses $85 for a bad perm job. I have not since then worn my hair curly. I do not know if the solution was even left in for the right amount of time. Some strands of hair where WAY straight ,others slight wave and the majority kinky.

Any Who, now that I have damaged, frizzy, crunchy hair, my question is what would make it worse? My daily routine: Combing when it is wet, blow drying it straight and then using the flat iron on it? Or If I just go get a Straightener? What would cause the less damage to my hair? or How do I repair my damaged hair and make it board straight and healthy again? I start college in 15 days...on the 20th of August.  How can I get my Hair back to the healthy hair it once was?  SORRY FOR THE NOVEL.

Edited by amurtiger7 - August 08 2007 at 10:16am
amurtiger7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amurtiger7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2007 at 10:44pm
 I have damaged, frizzy, crunchy hair,ooh and fly-aways. 

My question:What would make my hair worse?????

My daily routine: Actually I use a pick when wet, so I pick it when it is wet, blow drying it straight and then use the flat iron on it? This does help a little, but it is very fuzzy.
Or
If I just go get a Straightener or relaxer? Would another chemical application damage my hair worse than my DAILY routine?

What would cause the less damage to my hair? or How do I repair my damaged hair and make it board straight and healthy again?

Please help me out with some information...Thank You
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 2:25pm
Wash your hair frequently and condition, condition, condition. This should help loosen the curl. With your hairs weight it should start to be more like what you were hoping for. Using heat etc to straighten it will further dry out your hair. Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic