Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Net Weave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
roxynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Net Weave
    Posted: September 11 2007 at 11:37pm
Hi I'm thinking about getting a net weave, as my hair is too fine and thin to support other weave/extension methods.  Does anyone have any experience with this method?  How thin is the net?  Does the hair under the net stay healthy?  Also, can anyone recommend a reputable stylist in New York City that does net weaving?
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 12:21am

Hey girl.. Not much information on net weaves on this forum. If you go over to BHM and do a search for the term "net weave" (search BY TOPIC ONLY -- otherwise the seach will NOT work) there's a LOT of posts which cover net weaves very well..

I posted the first page of results I found when I did a search.. (set the time frame in the search for "Any Time")

Search Results for 'net weave' has found 25 results in 0.766 seconds.
This search was processed Today at 10:15pm.
Page 1 of 3 Next >>
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Net weave
collcoll

Replies: 5
Views: 139

View Post View%20Post
Net weave
Posted: 06 Sep 2007 at 12:18pm
I was just browsing someone fotki and i saw were she was doing a net weave. I am afraid of getting back a weave because of how terrible my hair turned out after having it in back 2 back for a little over a year. But i also must confess that i got alot of growth when i just started putting in a sew in weave. So i am thinking that i would do this net weave, has she stated that she used the net weave because her client hair was thin, and that she sewed the hair on the net. So i would like to... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Net Weave
Why-Em

Replies: 25
Views: 1447

View Post View%20Post
Net Weave
Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 11:52am
This is a question that I asked wvsbycharron...I posted it because others may benefit from it. Hi wvesbycharron, I was looking @ one of your installs trying to figure out how to do a net weave...Do you just sew around the perimeters? Should you not sew onto the braid at all...just the net correct? I've never tried to do this nor do I know exactly what that net feels like. Are you pulling the net tight as you sew. I hope what I'm asking don't sound redundant but I'm trying... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Net weave help
mzshawn01

Replies: 9
Views: 265

View Post View%20Post
Net weave help
Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 8:51am
Hello` I am new to the weave section of bhm I usually frequent the lace front. but I cannot deal with the glue dilemmas so I want to try the net weave with the horshoe and perimeter left out. Now my problem is my hair is fine and some breakage in the crown area. what hair shouldI use, I would love something that can go straight and curl, but at such short notice I have to get hair from bss. does anyone have any pics or know where I could see how this technique is done? thanks a lot,... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: pics of curly weave on net
darkchild2104

Replies: 1
Views: 257

View Post View%20Post
pics of curly weave on net
Posted: 17 Jul 2007 at 12:45pm
hey, so im a little slow and its just occuring to me that it would be so much easier for me to do my sew in with a net. im using the wagman euro curl. does anyone have pics of curly or wavy hair weaved onto a net, that does NOT have any hair left out? thanks in advance! View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Full net weave? (willing to travel to ATL)
AlabamaKinks

Views: 263

View Post View%20Post
Full net weave? (willing to travel to ATL)
Posted: 15 Jul 2007 at 11:27pm
I'm convinced that I can't get a proper weave done in Alabama. Most full sew in I see have that tacky looking wannabe closure in the top, you know, where you still see the tracks and stuff. I saw some pic son the net some months ago about full net weaves and how the center in the top looks decent and blended. Here are some good pics. http://aliciashairextensions.com/Price_List.html I'm going to try one out in Bham. If that doesn't work I'm going to check out ATL.

Edited... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Net Weave Without Braids?
Diamond05

Views: 213

View Post View%20Post
Net Weave Without Braids?
Posted: 13 Jul 2007 at 8:22am
Hi all, I was scouring some of the posts and came across a link that Soulie had posted (http://public.fotki.com/cutebajangirl/net_weave/). In it she only braids a base, but the rest of the hair is just pinned up and put under the net. I, myself, can't braid for , but if this works that would make my life easier. Anybody have any input on this? Any success with this method? Or maybe if cutebajangirl can chime in on this, that would be great too. Your responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lauren

Edited... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: closing a net weave
lola22

Replies: 8
Views: 300

View Post View%20Post
closing a net weave
Posted: 12 Jul 2007 at 8:01pm
I don't want any of my tracks to show. I've been looking around on blackhairmedia, but I can't find anything

if someone can direct me to a link that can show step by step process of closing a weave I'd greatly appreciate it

I have pictures of a spiral closure but but I'm afriad to do that wrong because wouldn't it be bulky and stick up?

I'm just asking for pictures that show a step by step process, so that I can completely get it.

I want my hair to... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: net weave question
NAYPOO

Replies: 9
Views: 248

View Post View%20Post
net weave question
Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 7:50am
I am getting weaved tomorrow, and i was wondering do net weaves typically lay flatter and look more natural than sewing to the cornrow? I know it's less stessfull on the hair, but does it look good? View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Microbraids in front net weave in back
MzCaliky

Replies: 11
Views: 333

View Post View%20Post
Microbraids in front net weave in back
Posted: 03 Jul 2007 at 8:27pm
http://public.fotki.com/MzCaliKy/ I did this like three weeks ago and said I would post pictures. Here they are. Sorry the pics could be better but I had to take myself. When I style them I will put more pictures in the photos. I braided the front and horeshoe area and sides and did a sew in with a net in the back. This wsa my first time using the net and I love it. This gave me the courage to try a full sew in next time. I will be taking this out in like a week because I have already... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Net Weave
babygurltara

Replies: 2
Views: 124

View Post View%20Post
Net Weave
Posted: 03 Jul 2007 at 9:41am
I got a full head weave 2 wks ago and its so hitchy. I want to find out how can i care for my hair and what products can i used. I really need some help out here. Thanks View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Net Weaves
bliss26

Replies: 1
Views: 100

View Post View%20Post
Net Weaves
Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 9:47pm
Hey Ladies, I got a bootleg sew-in the other day that I'm not too proud of. I was thinking of redoing it myself with a net, but I wont be able to attach the net all the way down (short hair in back). My question is whether net weaves put added stress on the perimeter braid? Has anyone had hair loss from a net weave? View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Newbie Net Weave
simbasmuse

Views: 168

View Post View%20Post
Newbie Net Weave
Posted: 20 Jun 2007 at 11:33am
Hi people!! This is my first post here on BHM! I'm so excited! This site is excellent. Well, I would love to see step by step instructions on How To do a Net Weave or netting as they call it. The reason why I want to attempt this is because I am an extremely broke college student and cannot afford to go to a salon to get this done. (I could but I wouldnt be able to eat for 3 weeks. lol).There are many things that confusesme about netting, like: The track pattern. Do you sew in circles?... View%20Post

Edited by Divavocals - September 12 2007 at 12:22am
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
roxynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 12:52pm
that's really helpful... thanks!
Josielein_one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josielein_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 4:02am
Hi,
I don't know if you received an answer for the net weave, but I think you should contact Clem Lue Yat, he is the inventor of net weaving.  He is located in Brooklyn New York.

Try him in a search engine, sure he has a website.

Good Luck.
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 7:39am
Always make sure your hair underneath the net stays dry and you should be fine. I have one to do today. My clients hair is really short. I will post pics soon.
Shiry
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
Josielein_one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josielein_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 7:42am
What is the best yaky closure to use?
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 8:18am
Here is some more photos of net weaves. It doesnt show the process but just before an after. This lady is really good and had done my weave but I wear a partial with the open top also shown there. I would love to keep going to her but shes about 2 hours away and I cant drive right now!

http://pic4.piczo.com/nvmyhair/?g=17296097&cr=4

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 6:29pm
IMO Clem's netweave technique is only good for short term wear. In his technique, none of the hair is braided under the net. If this was worn for any longer than 4 weeks, this could lead to matting underneath the net. I personally prefer the style of net weave where the hair is braided down and the net sew to the braids. The braided net weaves last much longer..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Shirilyn Shirilyn wrote:

Always make sure your hair underneath the net stays dry and you should be fine. I have one to do today. My clients hair is really short. I will post pics soon.
Shiry
Shiry!!! Where da heck have ya been???Tongue

Edited by Divavocals - December 07 2007 at 6:30pm

Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 9:19pm
Girl, my computer had a virus, so that put me in bind. I was going though withdrawals without my computer. And I was also working alot. Good to be back.Wink

And oh yeah Diva, your right net weaves do last longer.
roxynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2007 at 7:00pm
Any other weaving methods that are good for covering up thinning hair?  Or is a net weave my best option?  I was checking out www.nychairsalon.com (Patricia's salon) and she offers two methods called hairnetrics and custom sequence which sound like they might work.  I can't find any reviews or anything of this salon though.  Does anyone know anything about it?
roxynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2007 at 7:48pm
And what about this salon's microstitching technique: http://www.sweetserenityllc.com/717672.html ?  Is microstitching essentially a net weave?  I need help reading between the lines.
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2007 at 9:06pm
Okay, Geek, I am going to be honest. There are so many extension methods with names attached to them. It makes it really confusing for clients. I have learned that with all the advanced training I've paid for. It does not sound like a net weave. It sounds like a version of an integration piece. It just has a fancy name on it. Skin wefts would probably help also. Goodluck!
roxynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2007 at 9:27pm
Thanks.  I pretty much figured that it wasn't something new and different, but everything sounds revolutionary in the descriptions.  I think a net weave would be better for me than an integration, so I'll keep searching for a good stylist.
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2007 at 7:37am

The netweave would be the perfect option for you. I hope you find a good stylist.

johnzheng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnzheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2013 at 4:36am
Hair extensions can add instant length volume, thickness or highlights to your hair in just a few hours. They can be attached to your natural hair using many different methods available today. For example, there is bonding, cold and warm fusion, sew-in, braid-in, heat-sealed in and even clipped in. The hair that is used can be synthetic or human and varies in price and quality.

Chiropractor Brisbane

Edited by johnzheng - August 12 2013 at 4:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic