Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**Prices** for hair extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
a_socalgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_socalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **Prices** for hair extensions
    Posted: September 25 2007 at 2:07am
I know every salon is going to be different however, I was hoping someone could give me an approximate. I got hair extensions that are attached with little clear plastic tubes. I was charged (ASIDE FROM THE ACTUAL HAIR) $4 for each piece attached for labor. Does this sound about right? I have had them for 1 month and have lost about half of them already. I bought the extension brush. I hold my hair in a grip when I brush. I try not to wash everyday and I put it in a ponytail when I sleep. Does this sound normal, because I have never had them before or known anyone who has and I want to make sure I am not being taken advantage of.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 11:23am
Hi socalgirl. You have shrinks. How many were installed, what was your total cost? Did you tell your extensionist that you've lost so many? Did you save the hair? The loss is excessive. She may replace them, you need to contact her. Many extensionist guaranty their work.
  Your hair care routine sounds good. It doesn't appear to be your fault. If you've saved your hair and she charges too much to replace them, you can buy some shrinks and easily replace them yourself or with the help of a friend.
ALL EYES ON ME
Samantha~Jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samantha~Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 11:40am
Hi, that's really bad that you have lost that many in a month, do what Ms.Honey advises and contact your hairdresser to see if she will replace them.
I am just starting to charge people to do their hair extensions, so many of my friends and people they know want me to do them because I do them at a lower cost than alot of salons round here.
I charge about £180 - £220 at the moment that includes remy hair etc.
Once I start working in the salon I will be putting up the prices.

Good luck with your hairSmile 
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 12:07pm
Hi Socalgirl, did you have Mark Barrington installed or were they generic shrinkies? What a bummer that so many fell out. Definitely contact the stylist and see if she can replace them. It sounds like the person who applied them is new at this method.

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 5:24pm
Call your stylist and hopefully she will take care of you.
how many strands did she install to start with?
What shampoo and conditioner are you using?
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic