Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please help!! Orange Hair!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gemma.L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help!! Orange Hair!!
    Posted: September 27 2007 at 6:48pm
I used to be blonde (not natural) and decided to go dark. I put a red/brown on my hair first so it wouldn't go green then put a dark brown on, both permenant.
  I decided I prefered being blonde but couldn't afford expensive treatments at hairdressers and have never seen anything in the shops to remove permenant hair colours so stupidly I used a jerome russell BBlonde kit (powder bleach and peroxide cream 40vol 12%)  with the intention of using a garnier nutrisse cream which is a light ash blonde afterwards to get a nice shade.
  I've put the Bblonde colour on for the maximum time allowed and my hair is bright orange!!
 I can't afford to go to the hairdresser to get it put right, if i put the garnier colour on will it get rid of the orange? I don't know what to do, please help!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2007 at 5:30pm
I have had this happen...I didnt leave my apartment for an entire weekend!
Questions: How long was the maximum time you left it on? Alot say between 60-90 minutes for a light yellowish color. If you left it on less than this,you can bleach again.The problem is it wasnt left on long enough to lighten all the way.
If you do bleach again,you will not leave it on the full amount of time.Maybe just 10-20 minutes TOPS.
After that,if it is still orangish,you will want to use an ASH colored dye to color over top with. When this happened to me,I used champange blonde or medium ash blonde  and my hair was not orange anymore.
Your hair may not be as blonde as you want it,but you can lighten again when your roots start to come in.

Edited by julesyjul88 - January 05 2008 at 3:21am
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 6:03pm
When I (foolishly) bleached my hair at home, it turned orange, but I then put a different blonde dye on, and a toner, and it improved quite a bit. It still wasn't nice though, and the colour wasn't even. I don't remember the true horrible-ness because I wouldn't let anyone take my picture. Best advice I can give, save a little money, or borrow some, and go to a professional. Best of luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic