Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

too dark

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heavensent67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavensent67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: too dark
    Posted: October 01 2007 at 1:09pm
Evening all  Newbie by the way lol  (Hello)

Question for anyone  who is able to answer  ....
 Hair gone too dark after many months of using  loreal (dark brown) used to use  the  expresso was a nice warm brown ,winters on its way  pale face  hair is  far too dark lol  also need a change too)
Anyways  bought a  colour remover from local hair supply  shop today ,BUT im really not  sure  how to mix it  never  used it before and instructions dont  say much ..so if anyone out there knows  how to  mix a dust free blue  powder bleach  please let me know  asap ----Ony wanting to lift  some of the  colour  of to add new warmer shade straight away 
Thank you  :)

Edited by heavensent67 - October 01 2007 at 1:09pm
Heavensent67
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 8:23am
So its bleach?  You may want to try something else first such as ColorFix (a low peroxide way to remove dye without such harshness).  You can probably buy it online if they don't have it where you bought the bleach.  Bleach may work, but even that you should test strand a small amount on hidden hair before using on your whole head to be sure it will work and won't be too damaging. (Also I can't tell you how to mix it, I don't even know what it is, the instructions might give me a hint if they say anything at all?). 

Just for your info, it sounds like your hair is getting more and more porous from repeated dyeing damaging it, that is why it came out blacker the last time.  Your porous hair absorbed more of the dark pigment.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavensent67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 8:48am
The packet  says  blue powder bleach  so yeah  guess its a  bleach, instructions are in  a different language  not  english   the only line it  does say  is  mix with a developer ,  .. and  sadly  yes  my  hair  will be porous with constantly  using  dyes,  although its not  black its very dark brown  too dark not  for   my pale skin lol , im trying to find  the  colour fix  by loreal on ebay  did have the link  but  lost it  again , but im going to  try it even if lifts it  slightly   so its  a warmer  brown  instead  of  black/brown
Thanks  :)
Heavensent67
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 7:11am
Good luck!  If you did decide to try that bleach in the future, my guess is you would mix it half and half with developer, but I don't know which level of developer, and I am not sure about that.  You can ask that question on the Hair Color board here though, and someone there is likely to have used the same product and may know what works.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavensent67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 1:16pm
conehead <<<<< think im better  of  this  way <<<<<<  lol
Thanks to all who    helped  xx
Heavensent67
cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by heavensent67 heavensent67 wrote:

Evening all  Newbie by the way lol  (Hello)

Question for anyone  who is able to answer  ....
 Hair gone too dark after many months of using  loreal (dark brown) used to use  the  expresso was a nice warm brown ,winters on its way  pale face  hair is  far too dark lol  also need a change too)
Anyways  bought a  colour remover from local hair supply  shop today ,BUT im really not  sure  how to mix it  never  used it before and instructions dont  say much ..so if anyone out there knows  how to  mix a dust free blue  powder bleach  please let me know  asap ----Ony wanting to lift  some of the  colour  of to add new warmer shade straight away 
Thank you  :)
CYNTHIA STELLY
cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 11:48pm
Hair to dark when dealing with  decoloration you should always do a strand test first. some browns have a green base what shade to you want to be and what base color was your loreal and expresso. rember when dealing with a chemical you should always seek professional advice.go to a professional salon who not only will rectify your color but will also care for you hair
CYNTHIA STELLY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavensent67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2007 at 4:49am
Me againnnnnnnnnn lol
Decided to  do it !
Bought a  9% peroxide and  a Goldwell 5N   colour developer  from  sallys (as adviced my hairdresser) mixed 30 ml of  peroxide to half   of  the tube  hair  colour  by the way states  light brown  on  tube........  30 mins later i washed all product of  hair   (yes my hair  was still on  me head ha ) but  sadly   still dark dark  brown  ! :(   did  cover my  greys  but  no way   did  it lift any   lighter  ...so that was a  waste of money ..... so here i am  still with  the   darkest  brown  hair....deffo  will  buy  the   colour  zap now  ...
Heavensent67
cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 9:07am

HI, Seem like you are determined to color your hair . first when you want to make a color change to lighten you must always use a higher develpoer. A 9% only will deposit that is why your grey covered but the rest of you hair remain dark. Seen we see you are determine to lighten your hair do a strand test in the lower crown area, use instant whip using 20 volume peroxide the cream one  follow manafactor direction in mixing the product only a small section in the lower crown.I said to you in the first E-mail the condition of your hair means a lot so when you step into a professional you walking on thin ice so i will do mine best in guiding you. once you have complete your strand test you want to note the time and shade or level of color.Now choose the desire shade in with you want to be.For you desire color try loreal richesses semi -permanent color that is a professonal line of hair coloring .there is also a product call BAC-STAT it is excellent for over work damage hair . May sure you use something to balance your hair back to a heathy state.

CYNTHIA STELLY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic