Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The one and only butch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zCRO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zCRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The one and only butch
    Posted: October 02 2007 at 11:01am
Hey!

I am intending of getting a "butch" haircut.
Browsing around in the internet I found out that "butch" is just another word for buzz/crew cut. Have I misunderstood?

Because thing is I am interested only in the exact same haircut as below, not because of the shortness (like a usual buzz cut) but the shape of it.
Now how can I explain something like that to a barber?

Thanks in forward!
zCRO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zCRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 6:40pm
BUMP, BUMP!
THE ONE AND ONLY BUTCH!

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 8:16am
Well, butch is usually a somewhat insulting term to call a lesbian (usually one with very short hair), so if you go to the barber, I'd bring the picture and just say you want a cut like that (which would also be called buzzcut). 

If you mean by shape that you want the point on the forehead?  That is a widow's peak and something some people naturally have.  If your hair does not grow in that triangular way, you can ask them to cut it that way, but chances are it won't look exactly right on a face that was not born with it, and it may look a little strange as it grows out.  If you do already have a widow's peak, you're good to go, just bring the pic and say that's the length you want.

Edited by Susan W - October 19 2007 at 8:16am
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic