Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair we go again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 7:04am
My gf at the time knew I  liked her hair shorter they she did and imposed this rule on me... I was not to partake in the conversation about what was to be done that day.. unless asked.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 3:54am
My wife is a also a little worried what people think if i tag along, but on the occassions I have I think the stylist preferred it as she could see my reaction to the new cut and could see if i liked it or not.  My wife doesn't have a regular stylist and will go to anywhere that looks ok.  One time on holiday she was getting her hair cut and the stylist looked at me to see if i liked it. I said that it would look better shorter and she agreed, but my wife had not had short hair since she was a little girl and i had only just managed to get her to go to chin length. Despite my wife saying it was fine as it was i said she really should go a bit shorter. The stylist said she agreed and started cutting before mywife could say no. she only took another inch and half off but it looked amazing. The wife had to admit it did look better than she thought and did keep it that length for a while. So now she is not so keen for me to got if she is trying to grow her hair (like now) but is happy for me to go when she is going shorter, but like Hal i'm not to say anything until asked.

Go and enjoy, and the stylist will tell by the look on your face if you like it and will probably ask your opinion, so don't be shy to say go shorter Wink

I think your wife will enjoy your smile growing as she sees her hair get shorter too.  This might make her want to go shorter to make you smile even more Smile

Good Luck
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 9:04am
You know, that is not a bad idea to offer "Hey, if you let me go, I wont say a word unless asked"  I think she may go for that idea!  Now, that will take a bit of special ops planning, I can simply ask her stylist to ask me what i think about the cut, and then i can offer my opinion.  Now, i really have to admit, i dont know what a shorter cut will look like on my wife, so we are both entering this unknown playground blindfolded.  That is why I always tell her if she wants it shorter, bring the pic and ask the stylist if she can pull it off.  It is his professional opinion to tell her that she has the facial features and the hair texture to pull it off.  I showed my wife several picks last night just to prime her for her cut in about 4 weeks.  They are as follows:

She currently has this cut:

She complains about how if her hair is cut shorter, chin lengh, that she looks like a pumpkin.  I told her that its b/c the hair on the sides is styled so that it hugs her face, and therefore looks like a pumpkin (i dont think this by the way), but it offered the suggestion to have the sides cut higher as in the 1st pick or have her bangs cut further back so the back and the sides are closer in length.  I would LOVE to have her cut it like the first pick or

She really likes her "bitch bangs",

(dont know where the name comes from) so the two picks have those bangs that just go back to the back of her head that blend easier with the shorter hair in the back.  There is a big hu-rah comming up in about 5 weeks, so she said that she may not want to do anything drastic until after that, but i said that that is the perfect reason to make the change, ie. showcase her her do!

Sorry for the ramble, if anyone has any other picks to show that would be great.  I sent her this pick as a joke (b/c of the extreme short back and sides - which is what she was looking for, a blend from short back to the sides)  She said NO (that is how short my hair was on sides and back, maybe even shorter), but she really liked the bangs that the girl has, therefore i suggested the Keira Knightly pic!

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 10:18am
I would suggest no covert action.... the cost of getting caught is too great, lost trust, never getting to go again. ect... .. I knew my ex gf's stylist was dying to cut her hair short, I even did some simulation of how he want to do her.  I came soo close to calling him and saying hey... lets gang up on her... but thought if he ever let it slip....

anyway ... I never did anything other than go along for the ride.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 10:26am
I almost thought the picture between the 2 of your wife was also your wife until i saw your comments. She would look great with that style.  There is also makeover No. 277 at the catwalk salon that might interest you.  Look at part 11 & 12.
Heres a pic or 2.
and heres where they are blending the long and short at the back
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 11:32am

OK, no covert action.  I did meet with him before her 1st haircut to give him a heads up and make the connection with who our friend was that she was trying to get her hair cut like.  That way, he wouldnt have to remember on the fly who our friend was that he cut.

The positive thing is that he LOVES to cut short hair, and does it so well.  I have brought him some picks earlier that she liked, and both of those were in there.  He really liked the one with the lady in black with the bangs.  So if she showes up with thoses picks, he may just be able to convince her that they would look great like that.

I found the Catwalk picks, they may be too short in the back for her, but i will show her for sure.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic