Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curly Hair Emergency !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
`Marie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote `Marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curly Hair Emergency !
    Posted: November 21 2007 at 11:21pm
I'm new here, so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong section, and if I did, please move it for me. Thanks. Anyway, I'm mixed with Black, White and Mexican. My dad is full Black, mom is half and half. My hair is out of control. It's frizzy, dry, damaged, etc. . .I tried pressing it, but the weather here in Texas is unpredictable. I got perm before and my hair slowly fell out. My friend suggested I should try a texturizer ( I think that's spelled correctly )? I have really tight curls. I would like to loosen them, so I can style my hair more. I'm tired of putting it back in a ponytail. Don't say get a perm, I'm scared my hair will fall out! Lol. I'm young and don't want to be bald Tongue If you can help me, please!

Thanks,

Vanessa Marie :)

Here's a picture of my hair, as you can see it's nappy:

Edited by `Marie - November 21 2007 at 11:32pm
kinkycurlygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinkycurlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2007 at 8:32am
Your hair is very pretty.  I don't think there is anything wrong with it.  A texturizer will loosen up the hair pattern, however you have to keep a few things in mind.  A texturizer is a mild relaxer.  It can only be left in for a short time or your hair will look stringy.  You have to moisturize your hair a lot afterwards. 

Now you might want to learn how to take care of your curly hair.  If so you just have to find the right techniques and hair products to help you out.  I hope this helps you.
www.fotki.com/bmli111
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic