Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Birthcontol and hair growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MollyPop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MollyPop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Birthcontol and hair growth
    Posted: November 27 2007 at 12:57am
I have heard that if you smash up birthcontol and put it in your shampoo it helos your hair grow! But I have also read that it can cause hair lose. But since I have been on birthcontrol before maybe it wont do that, it's not like it is going to soak in my skin. Please? I need the answer! Confused
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2007 at 9:22am
I cant say that I have ever heard of the birth control in the hair trick to growing hair faster.  Now, if you are not using them (your PG), the prenatal vitimans seemed to make my wifes hair grow like a weed (it was either that vitiman or the change in her hormones).  So i guess that she could have crushed up her pills and shampooed with them.  Honestly, i dont see how that can work!

But hey, im a bean counter, not a pharmacist!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2007 at 10:40pm
Seems like a waste of your birth control pills if you ask me!

I'm with conrad,I have NEVER heard anything to indicate that crushing birth control and using them in shampoo could make your hair grow faster.

If you want your hair to grow faster take a good multi-vitamin,eat plenty of protein (good sources are meat,eggs,peanuts,soy) and get enough sleep (I did read that it is when we are sleeping that hair grows the most.
May explain why mine grows so slow because I hardly ever sleep!)

Seriously,save your birth control pills.Maybe it's the taking them orally that could possibly boost hair growth because of the hormonal aspect.But putting it in shampoo is not going to make the hormones absorb into your head.
Leadfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 7:45pm

Birth control applied directly to the hair probably isn't a great idea.  I can say though that my hair grew like crazy back when I was taking it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic