Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will this work? Please Help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will this work? Please Help.
    Posted: February 05 2008 at 6:48pm

I want to go to a Medium brown to a Very Light Blonde.

The lady at Sally's told me to use Super Blue Creme Oil Lightener over my whole head with a 20 volume developer. After that I'll apply Ion Creme Permanent Hair Color in Very Light Blonde, along with the 20 volume developer again. If that does work, how will I re-do my roots when they grow in? The same way, or would I just use the color and like a 30 developer?

Will this work? The lady before told me all I need was a 30 vol. developer and the color, which didn't seem right.

PLEASE HELP. Unhappy
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2008 at 8:06pm

Is your hair naturally medium brown with no dye,or is it colored medium brown?

If it is natural this may work.If your hair is colored darker,you may want to color strip first.(dark artifical color is a pain to remove)
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2008 at 8:13pm
Well,from your picture on the other thread you have,your hair doesnt look
medium brown to me.It looks more like a light brown with some golden in it.
I have never tried super blue oil lightner,but it seems as though this may work.
About your root question...you may be able to get away with using just a high lift color on your roots so you dont have to double process

(a high lift color is one of those blonde dyes that say they lighten to blonde in one step without the use of bleach,like Loreal Blonde Supreme)

Your hair seems light enough that you shouldnt have to double process after the inital lightening.(because mine is darker then yours naturally and I never had to double process either.Just dyed my roots with a high lift color instead of bleaching and then coloring)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic