Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Touch my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honeystrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeystrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Touch my hair
    Posted: February 07 2008 at 8:32pm
Do you ever just wish people would touch each other's hair more often? Sometimes at work, I just wish somebody would come and pull on my hair gently or run a hand under it or something -- just playfully.

Other times, I wish I could find someone to just comb or brush my hair. If I went to a salon, they'd be all business, washing and styling it, but I'm thinking more of just a relaxing combing...almost like a head massage, too. Do you know how to ask for something like that from a stylist? Or from a friend? My hair is long and blond.

Is there something like a head massage...or do you need to go to a masseuse for that? I think it's terribly relaxing, not to mention good for your circulation.

glittergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glittergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2008 at 3:14am
Hi Honeystrands.... well I do know that at most salons a service they offer is scalp massage. Sometimes they do it with oils that smell awesome. I do love a great scalp massage and for someone to wash out my hair. It's so relaxing!

I think it's nice when someone I love touches my hair, but if some acquaintance or stranger came up to me and did that, I think I'd have to give them a smackdown! LOL
1oldhairdresser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1oldhairdresser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 12:13am
Hey Honeystrands,
  I just joined the hair talk message boards and happened to read your post  and I gotta tell ya I work at a restaurant with about 10 other women and about 7 men and after work some times we'll play with eachothers hair, usually just us girls the guys dont join in much, however sometimes we do rub the bald guys head.  Us girls like to treat eachother with massages and hair play after a hard night.  We are a very tight knit group though.  we've been like family for around 6-7 years and 2 of us are ex- pro hairdressers, so it's not weird at all its endering for us. I guess I never knew I was lucky to have this kind of relationship with my co-workers, I will consider my self lucky because it does feel great and is a really nice thing to do for one another.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeystrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 7:10pm
That is so interesting! Thanks for sharing. Yes, I think that is somewhat unusual...but really nice.
I look back at my college days and wonder how I got through all those years in the dorm without goofing around with the other girls' hair and them with mine. We were up at all hours and probably all up for looking better or different from time to time. I guess I was too uptight then. I probably was scared they'd talk me into something I wouldn't like.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who would enjoy that. Yes, consider yourself blessed to have friends like that.
How did you all get started doing that? How do you suggest it even now....does somebody ask for a head massage or what?

Also: as former pro-hairstylers, do you consider yourself having a "thing" for hair? Or would you call it more a talent? How would you describe what it feels like for you to brush another gal's hair -- relaxing? Inspiring? Challenging to try something new?

So glad you shared!
1oldhairdresser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1oldhairdresser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2008 at 10:18pm
I really would consider having both a thing and a talent,  my work mate that is a ex pro I would say the same for her.  I guess were just a touchy bunch.  We all appreciate how good it feels to have the hair played with or the head, shoulder, neck masseage feels after a stressful night of work.  Also  I guess it some times stems from us having conversations on what kind of cut or color to do next.  Like I said we are very close really like family, so it's just natural.  This may not fly in alot of circomestances. It feels like a theraputic relaxation offering.  I do not bake, or have many other talents to share with my friends and family, so a little light hair playing or something that brings them relaxation is just one of my contributions to the group. Along with tips and advice about skin and hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeystrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 1:10pm
Well, I think that's nice. Enjoy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic