Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zury Lace Weave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ebyokuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebyokuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zury Lace Weave
    Posted: March 22 2008 at 12:54am

I was at the beauty supply today and I saw this

http://www.royalimex.com/1_1.html

Has anyone tried it? What do you all think about it?

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 1:55am
I haven't seen this particular one. It looks like it's a lot less time involved for installation and an easier upkeep. I like the curly texture a lot. The straight I'm not so sure about. It's sitting kind of funky. They did nice color combinations.

mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 3:21am
This reminds me of the wigs by Naturally Yours. The wigs are made with a U shape opening in front so you can wear your own natural part. They look VERY natural.

Edited by mokipono - March 22 2008 at 3:23am
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 7:01am
Love this concept of this.. Not sure about the hair quality, but this is a bitchin' idea.. I almost had something like this custom made last year.. I decided I'd try my hand at making something similar myself.. 
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
ebyokuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebyokuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 9:33am

I agree DV. I think it's a great idea. I stood in the BSS and watched the video. It took less than an hour for an install! cost, $60. But once again, I'm not sure about the hair quality.  When you make yours, can you post pics? I'd love to see it.

fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:10am
Yep, this is pretty cool! I, too though, am concerned abou thair quality. Would be nice if they had more textures and colours too. It's great that weaves are still progressing and changing & that it just may be getting easier for DIY!
Love clip-ins and tape!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by ebyokuri ebyokuri wrote:

I agree DV. I think it's a great idea. I stood in the BSS and watched the video. It took less than an hour for an install! cost, $60. But once again, I'm not sure about the hair quality.  When you make yours, can you post pics? I'd love to see it.

I will be happy to share when I make mine (should be in a few weeks) I've been trying my hand at making wigs to work my way up to making one of these pieces.. I've made two wigs so far (just finished the second one yesterday), and I'm gonna make 2 more "practice" wigs just to work out my technique. I want to make sure I've got it down before I make the first one of these sew-in pieces. The first sew-in piece I'll make will be from my EPNC hair..

I've been talking about this with my stylists for a little over a year now.. It would take a WHOLE lot less time to install & takedown (presumably saving me $$$ on the install).. Plus I would no longer have to worry about keeping the tracks in order on takedown. I see nothing but an upside to this..

Edited by Divavocals - March 23 2008 at 7:42pm
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 4:38pm
DivaV: how long do you normally wear your installs? If you end up trying one of your new pieces to sew-in, how do you plan to maintain your natural hair underneath? Will it be difficult to dry the hair underneath you think? I can imagine this will be a great timesaver; can't wait to hear how this goes in the future!!!
Love clip-ins and tape!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

DivaV: how long do you normally wear your installs? If you end up trying one of your new pieces to sew-in, how do you plan to maintain your natural hair underneath? Will it be difficult to dry the hair underneath you think? I can imagine this will be a great timesaver; can't wait to hear how this goes in the future!!!
I usually wear my installs for 12 weeks.. If I do this, I don't imagine that my wear time will change.. With the right base, this would be no different than wearing a net weave. So caring for my hair underneath would be no different than  caring for my hair when I wear a net weave.. I agree.. this would be a GREAT time saver.. It's the time saving aspect of this that has me FASCINATED..Big%20smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic