Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrity Hairdresser Wannabe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joanshop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanshop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Celebrity Hairdresser Wannabe
    Posted: April 01 2008 at 1:44pm

How does someone get started becoming a hairdresser for celebrities?  Any tips?

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 23 2010 at 5:17pm
ranlin1r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranlin1r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2009 at 9:49pm

Bidding for and hosting the Olympics successfully is, perhaps, the ultimate glory for a city. However, before transforming the dream into reality, the benefits and drawbacks of bidding for the Olympics should be weighed carefully.

Hosting the Olympics surely would bring about much gain to a city. Boom of the local economy, more jobs, and the possibility of generating income all sound extremely attractive to the municipal government. At the same time, better infrastructure, cleaner environment, enjoying the spectacular game with hundreds of sports elites and entertainment stars, and the opportunity of contacting people from all over the world also seem exciting to the citizens. Besides, the bidding will definitely promote the patriotic emotion and pride, as well as the moral behavior in local people. In most cases, bidding for the Olympics is well supported by both the public and the central government.

Unfortunately, this is not the entire view of the pretty picture. If looking from another angle, the Olympic bid might bring about some side-effects to a city.  wow power leveling,
    First of all, the environmental impacts, including the increasing exhaust fumes of cars, more pressure on water resources, huge amount of wasted leaflets and other materials used for public activities, are most probably neglected. In order to broaden the streets, some trees may have to be cut. Near the construction site, the tiny dust may linger in the air for a long time. Reduction of farmland may be caused by the need of setting up new sports centre or accommodation facilities. These environmental consequences can be especially serious in a resource-limited and densely-populated city in a third-world country.

Besides, if talking about the economic benefit, it should not be forgotten that a quick boosting may lead to bubble growth, which may easily crash. If not well managed and organized, the big event may not be so profitable, and the new facilities may be forever empty after the games. Yes, there have been cases that host cities ended up with enormous debts.

Finally, let’s think about the low-income groups in the city. What will they get from the Olympics bidding? More tax, more fees, more expensive property prices, and higher cost of living. These definitely are not good news for them.

To bid or not to, this is a question. It is up to the choice of the municipal government, and the local public. After the decision, what they can do is to make the most of the benefit, and reduce the drawbacks to the least.
world of warcraft power leveling,
The excitement of Sydney 2000 Olympic Games lasted for a long time. 28 gold medals won by Chinese athletes dwarf our Asian nelghhors, heat quite a few hlg countries of sports, and surprise the two superpowers——the United States and the Russian Federation. The great success clearly indicates that a new superpower of sports is in embryo.

Our success in the 27th Olympic Games is far beyond sports. First, the glory greatly enhances the international prestige of China. Through TV, people all over the world know more about New China, especially the dramatic progress made in the past two decades. Next, it greatly boosts the morale of our people. Billions of Chinese witnessed how the former ugly ducklings hecame China with the force of an avalanche. The successful stories or the Olymplc Medalists fuel the ambition of millions of Chinese youth. Finally, It heightens our selfconfidence and nationalism. China, a weak nation in sports in the past, has rapidly risen up and become one of the sports giants. Why couldn't she be a modernized China soon? What is more,the success has laid a firm foundation for Beijing to host the 2008 Olympic Games.
aoc power leveling
  The 27th Olimpic Games was over, but the Olympic Spirit lives on. In the race for a better nation,there is no finish line. If we keep on working hard, the day will certainly come when China will be a powerful country with international prestige.

Olympics

strong1r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strong1r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2009 at 7:29pm

Living Water

This happened a long, long time ago, when the cedar, the fir, and the pine still had needles that

yellowed and dropped in the fall instead of staying green all winter.

Once in those olden times a Tofalar went out into the woods to hunt. He walked and walked, and he

came farther than any hunter had ever dared to go. He saw a bog so vast that no beast could have

crossed it, no bird could have flown across.

And the Tofalar said to himself: wow power leveling,

"If our animals can't run across this bog, and our birds cannot fly across it, what kinds of

animals and birds live on the other side?"

The more he thought about it, the more curious he became.  This site is on the Crushers:sbm。

"I must find out," he said to himself. "Whatever happens, I must get there.

And so he took a good running start, and leaped right clear across the bog. He looked around: the

same earth, the same grass, the same trees.
wedding dress,
"Silly!" he said. "There was no need to jump."

Suddenly his mouth dropped open with wonder.

In a little clearing stood seven harnessed rabbits. They stood quietly, waiting. Then seven people

came out of seven burrows in the earth, exactly like all people, only tiny. When the rabbits

flattened their ears, the people were taller than the rabbits. When the rabbits' ears stood up, the

people were smaller than the rabbits.  Went to eat, while repeat.

"Who are you?" asked the Tofalar. "We are immortal people," said the tiny men. "We wash ourselves

in living water, and we never die. And who are you?"

"I am a hunter." wedding dress,

The little men clapped their hands with joy.

"Oh, good! Oh, good!" they cried in chorus.

And one of them, the eldest, with white hair and a long white beard, came forward and said:

"A terrible, huge beast has come into our land. We don't know where it came from. The other day it

caught one of our people and killed him. We are immortal, we never die ourselves, but this beast

killed one of us. You are a hunter---can you help us in this trouble? Can you hunt down the beast?"
replica watches,
"Why not?" answered the Tofalar, but to himself he wondered: "Will I be able to kill such a

frightful beast?"

However, he went out to track the beast. He looked and he looked, but could find nothing except

rabbits' footprints. Suddenly, among the rabbit prints he noticed the track of a sable.

"Oh, that's too fine a quarry to miss," he said. "First I will get the sable, and then I'll go on

looking for the terrible, huge beast." replica watches,

He found the sable and killed it. Then he skinned it and went on with his search. He walked the

length and breadth of the little people's land, but could not find any trace of the beast.

So he came back to the little people and said to them: "I could not find your terrible, huge beast.

All I have found was this sable." And he showed them the little sable skin.  This is the next

"That's it, that's it!" they cried. "Oo-h, what a huge skin, what thick paws, what terrible, sharp

claws!" And the eldest of the little men said to the Tofalar:

"You have saved us and our people! And we shall pay for your kindness with kindness. Wait for us.

We'll come to visit you and bring you living water. You'll wash in it and will become immortal

too."

The Tofalar jumped back across the bog and went back to his valley and told his people about the

little men.

And the Tofalars began to wait for their guests, the immortal little men.
replica watches,
They waited one day, two days, three days, many, many days. But the guests did not come, and the

Tofalars forgot about them and their promise.  This site is on the Crushers:sbm。

Winter came. Everything around was frozen. And the bog was covered with a coat of ice.

One day the village women went to the woods to gather firewood. Suddenly they saw a little herd of

rabbits galloping their way. They looked again, and saw that every rabbit was saddled, and in every

saddle sat a tiny man with a little pitcher in his hands. The women burst out laughing at the

sight.

"Look, look!" they cried to one another. "They are riding on rabbits!"

"And look at the little men, how funny!"

"Oh, what a joke!"

"Oh, I'll die laughing!" replica watches,

Now, the immortal people were a proud race. They took offense at this reception. The one in front,

with white hair and a long beard, shouted something to the others, and all of them spilled out the

contents of their pitchers onto the ground. Then the rabbits turned and hopped away so fast that

you could only see their white tails flicker.  This site is on the Crushers:sbm。

And so the Tofalars never got the living water. It went instead to the pine, the cedar, and the

fir. And this is why they are fresh and green all through the year. Their needles never die.

Living Water

eagle1r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle1r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2010 at 9:45pm

The Man on the Moor

drove out of Newtown and went to begin my search for the mysterious man on the moor.There were hundreds of the old stone huts on the moor.Barrymore did not know in which of them the mysterious man was living.I had seen the man on the night when Sir Henry and I had chased Selden,so I decided to start my search near that place.

The path I took ran past Mr Frankland's house,and I saw him standing at his gate He called to me,and invited me to go in and have a drink with him.He had been arguing with the police,and was angry with them.  wow power level,He began to tell me about it.

'But they will be sorry,'he said.'I could tell them where to look for the escaped prisoner,but I am not going to help them.You see,I have been searching the moors with my telescope,and although I have not actually seen the prisoner,I have seen the person who is taking him food.'

I thought of Barrymore and Mrs Barrymore's worried faces.But Mr Frankland's next words showed me that I did not need to worry.

'You will be surprised to hear that a young boy takes food to the prisoner.The boy goes by at about the same time each day,and he is always carrying a bag.Who else can he be going to see—except the prisoner?Come and look through my tele scope,and you will see that I am right.It is about this time each day that the boy goes by.'

We went up onto the roof,and we did not have to wait long.There was someone moving on a hill in front of the house.I looked through the telescope and saw a small boy with a bag over his shoulder.He looked around to make sure that noboay was following him,and then he disappeared over the hill.wedding dresses,

'Remember that I don't want the police to know my secret,Dr Watson,'Frankland reminded me.'I'm too angry with them at the moment to help them.'

I agreed not to tell the police,and said goodbye.I walked along the road while Frankland was watching me,but as soon as I was round the corner,I went towards the hill where we had seen the boy.

The sun was already going down when I reached the top of the hill.I could not see the boy,and there was nothing else in that lonely place Beneath me on the other side of the hill was a circle of old stone huts.In the middle of the circle was one hut that had a better roof than the others,so it would keep out the wind and the rain.This must be the place where the mysteri ous man was hiding!I would soon know his secret.
wedding dresses,
As I walked towards the hut,I saw that someone had certainly been using it.A path had been worn up to the door.I took my revolver out of my pocket,and checked that it was ready to fire.I walked quickly and quietly up to the hut,and looked inside.The place was empty.

But this was certainly where the man lived.As I looked round the hut,I knew that the mysterious man must have a very strong character.No other person could live in conditions as bad as these.There were some blankets on a flat stone where the man slept.There had been a fire in one corner.There were some cooking pots,and a large bowl half full of wa ter.In the middle of the hut was another large flat stone which was used as a table,and on it was the bag the boy had been carrying.Under the bag I saw a piece of paper with writing on it.Quickly,I picked up the paper and read what was written on it.It said:'Dr Watson has gone to Newtown.'
Final Fantasy XI GIL,
I realized that the mysterious man had told someone to watch me,and this was a message from his spy.Was the man a dangerous enemy? Or was he a friend who was watching us to make sure we were safe?I decided I would not leave the hut until I knew.

Outside,the sun was low in the sky.Everything looked calm and peaceful in the golden evening light.But I did not feel peaceful or calm.I felt frightened as I waited for the mysterious man.

Then I heard footsteps coming towards the hut.As they came closer,I moved into the darkest corner of the hut.I did not want the man to see me until I had looked closely at him.The footsteps stopped,and I could hear nothing at all.Then the man began to move again,and the footsteps came closer.A shadow fell across the door of the hut.

'It's a lovely evening,my dear Watson,'said a voice I knew well.'I really think you will enjoy it more out here.',aion kinah,

The Man on the Moor

MARTHA04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARTHA04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2010 at 1:16am
Hey Agility Man:

Your wife sounds like she has an amazing resume! Technology, technology, technology is the answer. The leather portfolio is now digital, and she'll do best with a laptop presentation of her work.

prom dresses

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic