Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inexpensive Reventilation & Repair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inexpensive Reventilation & Repair
    Posted: April 06 2008 at 2:02pm

I was just surfing the net and found that MHRW has a new repair service for lace front wigs. They reventilate bald spots and hair that is lost around the hairline from use of tapes and adhesives and apply their tape tab compound after repair to prevent future hair loss in that same area.  The cost is $35.00 per square inch (+ shipping) and the unit does not have to have been purchased from them. 

I burned 2 small bald spots in my 1st curly unit by trying to rebleach some stubborn knots in those areas for a 3rd time. Confused I bought ventilation supplies and have been working on it but it's VERY time consuming. I still love the unit and it's in otherwise good condition. I might just cough up the dough to get the bald spots reventilated and save myself some time but I'm not sure yet.

BTW: I've been using their tape tab sealer on my lf's since I 1st started wearing them and I've never had a problem with hair loss around the hairline from tapes or adhesives. It DOES actually work but you have to be very light handed with it so your lace remains undetectable around the hairline.

Edited by Curlygirl11 - April 06 2008 at 2:04pm
BFF Princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 2:35pm
Thank you so much for this post Curly! You must have read my mind. I just had a second units develop bald spots at the perimeter, where I make my part. This is despite very careful knot sealing...in fact I  knot seal twice and let it dry for 20-30 mins in between each coat and stil.....I am developing a new bald spot Ouch.  My only guess was that the tape and adhesives create these spots.  Where can you get the tape tab sealer?? And is it visible on the lace? What is the website for MHRW? TIA!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 2:49pm

I'm sorry Ermm

Here's the link the site with the info on the reventilation and repair service: http://www.mhrw.com/wig-repair.html

Here's the link to find the Tape Tab Compound:

I've used their tape tab sealer on all my units around the perimeter of the hairline and I've never had any thinning from use of tapes or adhesives. It also gives the tape a stronger hold to the lace - especially at the nape where you need it most. I'm not concerned about being light handed with it at the nape because even when I wear pony tails someone would have to be up on me with a microscope to see any lace. However, in the front of my unit where I get light density ventilation I am VERY light handed with the Tape Tab Compound because if you put too much it can make your lace a little more detectable - not much though. Putting too much on swiss lace could make it slightly more detectable like french lace.....not a big difference but I notice it.
BFF Princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 3:04pm
Thanks girl!! Hug
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 3:04pm
CG,

You know i've been looking for something like that!  Aren't they in the US? That would save a whole lot in shipping.  I have to measure my lf and see if it's worth it.  I have quite a few sizeable bald spots Ouch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 3:09pm
You guys are welcome.

Yes they're in the U.S. so shipping charges are  reasonable.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 3:14pm
i buy my supplies from them...Clap
calimesmerizer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calimesmerizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 9:49am
Kevincn just did mine for $40 including shipping.I used him because he has the best light yaki hair. But I asked him to do another wig for me and he asked for $50 plus shipping. Not sure why he upped the price

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 9:54am
Originally posted by calimesmerizer calimesmerizer wrote:

Kevincn just did mine for $40 including shipping.I used him because he has the best light yaki hair. But I asked him to do another wig for me and he asked for $50 plus shipping. Not sure why he upped the price

$40.00 is a good price - especially since it included shipping. What areas of the unit was he repairing ?
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Originally posted by calimesmerizer calimesmerizer wrote:

$40.00 is a good price - especially since it included shipping. What areas of the unit was he repairing ?

Yeah that is a good price but you also have to factor in the cost to send the lf to China.
mzjrdn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjrdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 8:09pm
BMP Been looking for someone to do this...
stacyrockette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacyrockette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 8:18pm

Unhappy I don't think they do it anymore...

DISCONTINUED

Please be advised that MHRW is no longer providing wig repair and restoration services.

Thank you for visiting MHRW INTERNATIONAL !

Happy To Be Here Now Pass Me My Pad and Pencil..
Divajones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 11:38am
curly i am definitely going to try it. 
let me know if you are interested in letting go of the ventilation tools. 
Fearlessly, Feminine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic