Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not LF topic,,but didn't no where else to go,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by LovelyLisa LovelyLisa wrote:

Wow! Ladies Ima tell you my true story. I have always tried to live in the suburbs.  Thinking it would keep my kids safe and out of trouble.  My now 18 year almost got caught up too!  I had no clue that the gangs were in our area.  You would never think by the expensive homes and area. 

Well my Son got pulled into the CRIPS in his Sr. year and as a Mom I freaked out!  The difference is I quickly scooped him up and away! My Son now goes to college and is on the Dean list as a great student.  He got Str8 A's in school, but it was the crowd he got involved with.

So all Im saying is don't ever think it can't happen to you, because it can!  I am a very strict Mom and never thought one of my boys would go there.

So as a Mother even though they are doing very well in school and etc.  you still got to keep a close eye on them.  This world is just so dangerous!

I want to thank you for this topic because this was the hardest time of my life, but we made it!  But it took me as a Mother to nip it in the bud as quickly and agressively as I could!

My Son thanked me for being hard on him!  He said that he would either be in jail or dead if I would not have been on my JOB!

As far as the 2 young ladies, I blame the Mother!  It shows that she just does not care!  What the hell are these young girls doing at the club! WHAT!!!! Let alone partying!

I constantly preach to my Son and his GF that they must wear protection and she needs to be on pill if they are going to have sex!  I told them that if she gets pregnant, I will be very upset and I am not raining another child, nor will I allow them to come shack up in my house!

I know this sounds cruel, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

And I do not have a problem talking to the kids openly about sex!

that is such an awesome story....my oldest is 16 and I stay on him like white on rice.  It is up to us a parents to raise our children and not allow the world to do it....my son has been getting bad grades in school and sometimes I want to just give up (being a single mom and all)but I keep telling myself, God nor my parents gave up on me and I was a pistol (lol) so I just have to keep it pushing and continue to be that strong mom.  Thanks for sharing lovely!
happydesta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happydesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 5:34pm

Lisa you are so right it can happen to anyone. My roommate in boarding school got pregnant and got kicked out of school because refused to have an abortion. I was shocked because she came from a very wealthy WASPY family.  But like you said parents play a major role in a child’s life and hers were totally clueless about anything that did not require a checkbook. However they were quick to blame me and even tired to cause me financial trouble  Censored( I was a scholarship student) because she met the father of her child when she visited me . You sound like a wonderful mother. Sometimes tough love is the best policy. 

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by LovelyLisa LovelyLisa wrote:

Wow! Ladies Ima tell you my true story. I have always tried to live in the suburbs.  Thinking it would keep my kids safe and out of trouble.  My now 18 year almost got caught up too!  I had no clue that the gangs were in our area.  You would never think by the expensive homes and area. 

I'm glad you posted this Lisa because this is such a fallacy and a LOT of parents buy into it. I work in law enforcement and I cover several VERY nice suburban areas of California where the average home values are between $700,000.00 and $2,000,000.00 and you would not believe the outrageous mess I encounter every single day! First off, there is a disproportianately high number of sex offenders in the "richer" cities I work in and a LOT of drug use because people have the expendible income to buy all the drugs they want. All the things you see in the ghettos (residential burglaries, vehicle theft, car jacking, home invasion robberies, gang violence, domestic violence, assault with a deadly weapon, etc,) are also present in the suburbs.....it's just more covert and people have their heads in the sand because they figure "I live in a safe neighborhood". Most of the families I encounter seem absolutely shocked that a judge would sentence their family member to 10, 15 or 20 years in state prison for commiting the same felonies that occur in the ghettos. Some of them honestly think they will be treated differently because they come from affluent neighborhoods or because they hired an expensive attorney.....that is soooo not true.

Congradulations to you Lisa Clap and thank God for "mean moms". I'm glad you didn't stick your head in the sand because your son would have paid the price. I'm sure your son thought you were the meanest mom ever when you were riding him but he has NO idea how lucky he is that you cared enough to be what a lot of kids would consider a "mean mom". I think the reason so many kids today run around today looking like they have no home training is because so many parents nowadays want their kids to see them as the "cool mom" or the "cool dad" so they don't provide the structure and discipline that their kids need. If there were more parents like you there would be far fewer men coming out of prisons with HIV. The same gang members that are their homies on the streets are the very ones that initiate them into prison by raping them once they've received a lengthy prison sentence. The older your son gets the more he will understand what you were really saving him from and the more grateful he will be.
Walk Softly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walk Softly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 10:25pm
Girl, I know exactly how you felt!  I see it all the time. . . some of these kids are goodness and light by day, but by night? You would never guess they are having drug parties, sex parties, and everything else. You can watch, preach, role model and everything else, you can give them a good foundation, but you can't give them a SOUL. . . it's what they come here with too.  But definately you can TRY, and that mother sounds like she didn't give a flip at all! Straight up neglect!
 violent
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 6:56am
Thank you Ladies.

I praise all the women who are on their JOB! I know it gets hard and lord knows sometimes I want to just pack my bags and roll! but the love I have for my little family means more to me than life itself!

Thanks again for this posting this thread!Hug

I never shared this experience with anyone because it was just too hard at the time!  So this was right on time!

Clueless77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 9:39pm

All of you have been an inspiration to me as well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic