Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Off Topic Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off Topic Question
    Posted: April 10 2008 at 1:38pm
Hi Ladies,

I know this is off topic but I really trust your opinions.  We are tired of wrestling with my 2 year old's curly afro.  His hair is super long.  He gets it cornrowed once a week, but bc of the texture, it slips out and starts looking a HOT mess after a day or so.  I want to get his hair cut into a short curly afro like it was last summer.  My daughter goes to kids cuts once a year to get a trim.  Am I wrong for taking him there or should I take him to a regular barber???? He is very strong willed and may not sit still.

Thanks
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 1:46pm

I'd wait he's just 2 i don't thinkits taht deep at this point for him to be at the barber just get a little cut..

bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 1:48pm
I take him 2 a barber they know how 2 work with boys hair better. i take my son to get a edge up about once a month and  i braid it .
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 2:19pm

Thanks for the replies.  He needs about 5 inches cut of so that he can just "go" without me putting it in a ponytail or having the sitter braid it.  I'm tired of people telling me that my daughter is soooooooooooooooooo beautiful Unhappy

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  He needs about 5 inches cut of so that he can just "go" without me putting it in a ponytail or having the sitter braid it.  I'm tired of people telling me that my daughter is soooooooooooooooooo beautiful Unhappy

LOL  Yeah, I guess that would be little akward.
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

LOL  Yeah, I guess that would be little akward.

LOL
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 5:27pm
It is akward!  Especially since he is built like a linebacker and always has extremely boyish clothes on.  I do feel kind of bad though...like I'm conforming cause others are ignorrant.  But it will make my life easier not to have to wrestle with his mane. Plus he's so tenderheaded that he cries whenever I touch his head. I can't imagine how she gets him to cooperate.
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 8:01am
DONT CUT GIRL. DONT CUT IT.  I LOVE WHEN LIL BOYS HAVE LONG HAIR. I THINK ITS SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PARENTS MAINTAIN IT.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic