Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EasyTAB Compound Wig Undercoating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 1:34pm
Shocked That's right! I have a CVS near me, too! BRB! 
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 2:00pm
Ok, I'm back I got two types because I wasn't sure which one was best. I got Nexcare Spray liquid bandage (18ML bottle) and CVS brand liquid bandage [brush on] (10ML bottle).
MassGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Chic-Geek Chic-Geek wrote:

Ok, I'm back I got two types because I wasn't sure which one was best. I got Nexcare Spray liquid bandage (18ML bottle) and CVS brand liquid bandage [brush on] (10ML bottle).

I use the nexcare bc that is what Walgreen's carries but as long as its an aeresol can ( is that spelled correctly? looks odd)  spray it should be ok.

Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 2:25pm
Confused uh-oh! It's not aerosol, it's spray pump. I didn't see any aerosol cans for liquid bandage. I'll go to Walgreens on the way home and get that type. My daughter is always scrapping her knee (or something), so I'm sure I can use the other for that purpose.

Thanks for the information.
MassGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 5:14pm

SOOOOOOOOOO SORRY ladies I made a mistake --it isnt by nexcare its NEW SKIN LIQUID BANDAGEOuch

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by MassGal MassGal wrote:

SOOOOOOOOOO SORRY ladies I made a mistake --it isnt by nexcare its NEW SKIN LIQUID BANDAGEOuch

that's a good product too.. i've also used 2nd skin which is great also especially the gel..
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 10:10am
The results are in:

NEW SKIN RESULTS: it's so SMELLY. I'm no sure I want to go around smelling like a medical lab. But, it works ok on hiding the grid. Two thumbs up: Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

ADHESIVE PADS: This product works very well. The pad provided more coverage than the Steri Strips and the grid disappeared completely, and I do mean completely. My only concerns are the shine and the color of the pad, both can easily be remedied by makeup. Three thumbs: Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

STERI STRIPS
: Seriously, one thing about me is if I like a product, I'll purchase stock in it. With that said, I'm definitely going to check into getting stock for this product. This works so well that I want to do the entire front half of my unit (I never know where I want my part from day-to-day). Four thumbs up: Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

Thanks, Sexi, Breh and MassGall for the tips.

fungarl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fungarl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 10:47am

Hey Chic geek, I have the tape tab do u think it will achieve the same effect as the steri strip. TIASmile

Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 10:52am
Hmmmmmmmm... I've never tried that product. That's a great question: "Tape Tab Divas" please respond.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 11:09am
Originally posted by fungarl fungarl wrote:

Hey Chic geek, I have the tape tab do u think it will achieve the same effect as the steri strip. TIASmile

I don't think the Tape Tab Compound would achieve the same type of result as the steri strip or any other tape method in terms of making your part look natural. You could try it but it would be risky because once that stuff is on there...its on there and there's no getting it off the lace if you don't like it.

The Tape Tab Comound is intended to extend the life of the unit by preventing hair loss around the perimeter of the lace where tapes and adhesives can tend to work the knots loose over time. It's kind of like a permanent knot sealer for the perimeter and it helps your adhesives stick to the lace better. I put a VERY light coating of it underneath my parts but you can't see it and I only do that to prevent shedding in the long run from use of one of the tape methods. HTH
fungarl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fungarl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 11:20am
thanks curlygirlWink
flawless1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flawless1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 12:48pm
Massgal, your pictures look great.  I have a question for you do your knots have to be bleached in order to to achieve this look with the hair spray and the liquid bandage?
MassGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by flawless1 flawless1 wrote:

Massgal, your pictures look great.  I have a question for you do your knots have to be bleached in order to to achieve this look with the hair spray and the liquid bandage?

I dont bleach my knots, tried but was just more work than I wanted to get into.

I have used the Breh/Sexibeach fake bleach method of Jerome Russell blonde spray underneath the cap.

At times I dont use the Jerome Russell just the hairspray & liquid bandage.

Try it on an older unit to get a feel of it first, I felt so bad shared my tips & one poster had a hard time getting it to work for her.

The liquid bandage does smell at first but your unit will not keep the medicinal smell...the scent fades soon after it dries.

Feel free to PM me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic