Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Pics] \Very light blonde to dirty blonde?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Pics] \Very light blonde to dirty blonde?
    Posted: April 15 2008 at 1:23pm
 Sorry for posting two new topics in as many days, but the situation has changed. How do I get this hair to blonde/brown hair? For some reason my camera didnt pick it up, but it has orangey/caramelly bits in it, which I can't stand.

I live in the UK, and have no access to any shops like Sally's. So with ordinary hair colour, how do I do this? The shades that are like my old, desired (and admittedly boring) colour are all designed to lighten darker hair, so would they darken light hair?

Thanks.
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 1:50pm
Can't you just find a frosting kit and bleach those carmel pieces a bit more to a pale yellow.  I like what you have there.  It's pretty.

Rebekah
charl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 3:20pm
the whole thing is tinted caramel though, just some bits are more prominent than others!
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 4:43pm
Argh, I hate that look too.  How about using a demi in an ash color to tone the warmth down a bit?  Strand test before doing the entire head.

Rebekah
PerfectBrunette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 12:11am
Charl,
I don't understand what type of hair color you are looking to achieve. What do you mean you want blonde/brown? Do you want it to be a mixture of blonde and brown, multidemensional color? Or do you mean you want dark blonde hair color?
charl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 3:11am
Sorry for not being clear, I used to be sitting between blonde and brown, i.e. dirty blonde, and though it's dull I want that shade back!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 8:23am
So you want dark blonde.  Your best bet with boxed color is to choose a dark blonde that calls itself ash.  At least you have enough yellow going that it ought to be okay, and yes, a dark blonde can make light hair like yours darker.  TEST strand though, especially on any parts that are different (do an orangy piece and one that isn't so orange) just to make absolutely sure you won't do anything you don't like, or make the orange parts more orange.  It sort of depends how orange it really is if the violet in the ash blonde dye will make them orang-er, so you really need to test strand to make sure.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic