Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thick freezy wavy hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LuLuBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuLuBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thick freezy wavy hair
    Posted: April 18 2008 at 5:48pm
Please help me.  My hair is out of control.  I have short very thick hair and don't know what to do.  I was taught never to thin it but the salons that is all they want to do.  HELP!!!!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 8:08am
Why never thin it?   One reason, if you have longer hair, you don't want them doing that with a razor because it exposes too much of the hair's inside not cutting each hair straight across and makes it more damaged than necessary over time.  It could still be done with scissors though, and wouldn't be more damaging.  If yours is short, you don't care about that though.

Often super thick hair looks great with longer styles, as shorter ones tend to make it stick out more than down (I think it looks fine, but people who have it don't always like it).  Once the hair is near armpit length, the last few inches can be layered to make the hair thinner on the ends so it tapers instead of being thickly cut straight across at the bottom.

Without more detail, I don't really know what you have, what exactly you don't like about it, and what you want it to do.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic