Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**Custom Colored Lace & Wig Caps Tutorial**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ketchyclass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ketchyclass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 3:35am
So I al absolutely loving this forum, u ladies are gems all through...
I have a few question that I PRAY someone can send me an answer to soon...
I notice most people complain of natural parting and I have gathered a wealth of info. from all the various ideas n here, but I have some serious problems with my a full lace unit:
1. I can never seem to get a natural looking hairline (both in the front and the back)...
2. I can't get my unit to stay longer than 2days. (I use 3-4layer of UH + Endura Bond) am not sure what am doing wrong, all I know is that it doesn't last for me and I don't even sweat much!

Can any of u ladies please help a sistah out because am getting really frustrated by this!!!
It's all in God's hands!!!
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 8:18pm
I'm sorry you're having problems with your apps but hang in there cuz it gets better once you find the adhesives that work for you. I should caution you that the UltraHold adhesive you are using is not recommended by most women who wear LFs. LOTS of women have had serious medical problems associated with long term use of Ultra Hold.

I sent you a pm with some links to info  that may help you with your apps.
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
ketchyclass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ketchyclass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 8:27pm
Thanks u so much curlygirl for that quick response, but I did not get the PM... can u please resend because I have been waiting for this response all day. I thought UH was the best, thanks a lot for the heads up, what about EB is that any good, if UH is not it, then what is?

Thanks much for ur time, looking forward to hearing more from you
It's all in God's hands!!!
sheeya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheeya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 1:32am
wow this was an amazing tip! thanks for the info. im learning something new every day
love conquers all
sdeinig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdeinig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2009 at 5:00pm
hello, i was just reading you post and wondered if you could send me the same info on the glues recomended to you.
hope to hear from you soon. 
glad2bme0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glad2bme0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2009 at 2:11pm
hI IM HAVING THAT PROBLEM NOW AND DONT WANT TO SEND MY WIG BACK. CAN YOU SEND ME THE INFO WITH THE PICTURES THANKS..
ren41ss4nce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ren41ss4nce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 7:06pm
The darker lace looks like an excellent idea for camouflaging knots. I'm not really sure what my best options are; I'm caucasian with very pale skin. My last 2 custom units (small & funny shaped head) I ordered were supposed to be transparent lace but they turned out to be light brown. I have bleached the knots, which worked to a degree but now I can see the grids more clearly. I've heard various opinions over whether Rit dye remover lightens the lace or not, but until I can find a vendor who actually sends me the transparent lace I want, I need to try & find a way of hiding the grids & the remainder of the knots.

My units are #4. Thee concealer/foundation/mineral powder doesdn't work for me, especially not for any remaining knots. I think my skin is just too light (& none of the makeup really matches it) & the knots are too dark.

Does ayone have any methods they can share? TIA!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic