Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tape and Shine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tape and Shine
    Posted: May 13 2008 at 6:48pm
Is there any tape that doesn't shine or can be seen at the top of my forehead?  I have a light to medium density unit now.  The liquid adhesive, invisibond is great, but my lf slides back after a few days leaving black sticky stuff on my forehead.  I was thinking of using tape with vapon to really hold it still.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Supertape did NOTHING for me at all.  Blue lace works great but is too shiny.  I'm going to order something tonight.

Thanks!
docpam69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docpam69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 6:52pm
supertape works great for me. sometimes I use both supertape and vapon. I can't use vapon alone or like you get with the invisibond it slides back. Proflex no shine may be an option for you
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 7:13pm

I'm using the proFlex now and don't see a shine.

http://public.fotki.com/Tea4Two
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 7:25pm
Tea4Two...is it regular proflex or proflex no shine?  I have the regular proflex.....
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 10:08pm
Hey Griff **waving** How ya been ?

Get the Proflex No-Shine tape. It's a little less visible IMO
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 5:49am
Curlygirl,

Hey *waving back*!  Do you use it all the way around?
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 7:53am
I second the proflex no shine. Its not completley matte, but its alot better then the other tapes. I also think its much stonger then supertape.
Hello, my name is Tiffany and i am a CHRONIC OVERDRESSER!
GeminiBaby08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeminiBaby08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 9:58am
Ok Ladies,

I have 3 pak of this  Proflex no- Shine and I can't figure out how to get it to stick. I have a few questions maybe you can help.

1. Do you cut it in half and place it around the perimeter of your head?
2. Which side should be placed on the skin
(the side with the white tabs that have to be moved or the side that sticks to the white paper?)
I'd really like to give this a second try.........
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 12:32pm

Sorry, Griff, it is the proFlex "no shine" tape.  Bought it from HairDirect.  

Originally posted by GeminiBaby08 GeminiBaby08 wrote:

1. Do you cut it in half and place it around the perimeter of your head?
2. Which side should be placed on the skin
(the side with the white tabs that have to be moved or the side that sticks to the white paper?) I'd really like to give this a second try.........
Gemini, I use the little proFlex no-shine strips in the pack and just place them around the perimeter of my wig. I peel off the long white paper and stick that to the wig. The other side has the two white tabs and I remove those one at a time after centering the wig on my head.

http://public.fotki.com/Tea4Two
GeminiBaby08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeminiBaby08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 1:56pm
THank you so much Tea4Two. I was hoping someone would reply. I'm going to try it again.......
intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 5:12pm
... i really didnt notice less of a shine difference when i tried it out unless i am using the wrong side to skin ?
hmm ... http://public.fotki.com/intlbabygirl/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic