Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI don't know about everyone here but...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I don't know about everyone here but...
    Posted: June 12 2008 at 12:00pm
Are you getting tired, once again about the narrow minded people that we come across on the internet trying to force their ideas and what is expected of AA women down your throat?  Then, feel the need to attempt to make you feel bad about choices that a person makes for themselves?  If you visit any other hairboard, you will know what I'm talking about.  When are people going to learn, this is America, the land that we have freedom of speech and freedom of expression and the right to make or wear anything you chose.

I'm a person that loves a good debate when it's constructive.  But when it turns to people insulting each other about choices they have made from themselves, well, what can I say, that's when people true ignorance comes to light.

Edited by PrincessLF - June 12 2008 at 12:01pm
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 12:27pm
I was waiting for this thread to start over here (lol)
I understand and agree Wink

Edited by Shonita24 - June 12 2008 at 12:27pm
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them"
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 1:17pm
ITA. Everyone has their preference on what they wanna wear and how they wanna look. Some may like it and some may hate it. Oh well, that's just life. Each woman should wear what she likes and other women should have the good sense not to make a federal case out of it. If they don't like how another woman grooms herself that's cool but it need not be something they get all worked up about and they need not dedicate their energy to trying to change how another woman chooses to groom herself.

Like I said before. You can't control what other people do. You can only control what you do. Life is too short to carry unecessary burdens. I honestly think there are much deeper issues at work in some threads.
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 1:18pm
I know i am tire of the why you rock this and that when in the end they are rocking a LF just like you and someone is saying somewhere else on the net Why do girls where lacefronts etc. AA girls always picking each other apart. Its like when I was in High school and the girls who wore Tracks for volume always dissed the girls who wore tracks for length. The truth is everybody exsperiments with there look and if you look in some fotkis you might find some of these same unnatural textures and colors they hate so much. I am sick of it. Its like my fiance always says DO YOU MA.
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Like I said before. You can't control what other people do. You can only control what you do. Life is too short to carry unecessary burdens. I honestly think there are much deeper issues at work in some threads.

I agree
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them"
Breh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 3:38pm
It must be because my little post started a whole bunch of trouble. 
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.

www.brehshouseoflacewigs.com
email:info@brehshouseoflacewigs.
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 3:59pm
Breh, gurl, I took her post to lighthearted, funny but true.  You were doing what everyone has done before, just share an experience that happened to you.  The problem is that the trolls saw an opportunity to do what they do best, cause problems and start sh*t.  I plan on staying away for a few weeks and the atmosphere calms down.  There's too many threads going on over there that is just plain hateful and one of them don't have anything to do with the stank face.  Just children pretending to be adults, then claiming I have a right to my opinion crap.  Most mature adults know when to state their opinion, know how to defend their thoughts constructively, or when to just keep their acid opinion to themselves. 
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 4:21pm
While I completely respect all of you wishing to express your opinions, I have moved this thread to Off Topics and due to the fact that this topic was hijacked by trolls and troublemakers from a different board, at this time, I apologize, but I must close the topic.

I strongly encourage all of you to use our HairTalk BoardMail to continue this topic offline.

Thank you in advance for your understanding of our goals to avoid continuing controversy from other non-HairTalk forums.

Edited by Karen Shelton - June 12 2008 at 4:23pm
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic