Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extremely dry ends/matting/tangles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Makai2200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makai2200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extremely dry ends/matting/tangles
    Posted: June 18 2008 at 10:43am
Had my 18 inch extensions in for about 15 weeks now....he's redone them several times as they slip out which isn't too often.

Here's my problem...all of sudden my hair is starting to get severely matted/tangled...i comb it thru (wide tooth) 10 minutes later, i look in the mirror and it's all matted again....(you'd think i was driving down the highway with my head out the window!

About the last 4 inches of the extensions feels like a birds nest/broom (these aren't the originals put in 15 weeks ago) in fact, i believe this last batch was put in a month ago.

Is there a conditioner that wil repair this problem or could it be that it was over flat ironed and it CAN NOT be restored as in....remove the damaged pieces and put all new ones in.

Any tips would be great
bellapsyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellapsyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2008 at 1:36am
what type of hair are you using?
thin blonde hair looking for the perfect set of 20" bohyme beach colored highlights...help!
Makai2200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makai2200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2008 at 2:33am
Oh jeez, i don't know what kind of hair he's using... however, i showed him what i meant and he said, "Oh that must be the "emergency" batch I picked up at Sallys Beauty Supply" ....grrrrrrrrrrr says he won't use it anymore...and he got some really good hair to use for next time...In the meantime, he hacked off 3 inches of those dead ends...and the matting has subsided. I think we should just be careful not to over heat the ends next time.
corioliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corioliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2008 at 1:25pm
It definatly sounds like it was just a bad batch of hair.  I am not sure what sallys extensions are like but you do need really good hair for a permenant install.  Maybe you should try and get a little discount next time..the hair from Sallys was probably much cheaper than the hair he should have been using.

x
Clip in hair extensions - http://www.headkandy.com
Makai2200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makai2200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2008 at 1:59pm
Yep...he took out all the old and put in the new....no more matting/tangles etc...
DocLocksAlyssa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocLocksAlyssa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 2:32pm
If you do end up having that matting problem again, then try the Redken Anti-Snap or Cat. It's a protein for the extensions. I was having that same problem when I put in my extensions the first time. I did everything I was suppose to do and they still matted. That helps a LOT! Glad to hear your hair is better though. Also, if you want some really good hair, I work for Doctored Locks Hair Extensions and I started wearing the brand Florence! It's AMAZING! 
Alyssa @ Doctored Locks
GET YOUR HEAD FIXED
www.doctoredlocks.com
509-326-7100
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic