Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DIY extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
torilyn73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torilyn73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DIY extensions
    Posted: July 14 2008 at 1:40pm
I am about to take my first adventure into the world of hair extensions. After much reading and studying, I feel the Micro-link method of attachment will probably be best. My mom is actually going to do the install for me. We have scoured the internet for how-to videos and written directions with pictures. We found some great info. The Bella Donna Milan site has a very helpful video to show how easy this extension method is. I and my mom feel very confident that this can be done. Another reason I chose Micro-link is because of how easy they are to install and remove. I know that some have had problems with them slipping. After reading a great deal, it seems that if enough hair is used in the bond, that slipping shouldn't be a problem. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

So, to get to my point of coming here, my questions are:
1. Anyone have any experience with http://www.doctoredlocks.com/store/index.html? I am planning on ordering my hair and supplies from them in two weeks. If anyone has any bad reports on them, please let me know ASAP. I haven't seen any bad info on them but it also didn't occur to me to look until after reading through this forum for a few hours today.

2. I currently have almost chin length brown hair. I want some stupidly long hair and am planning on about 20-24 inch extensions. Obviously, I will need to get my extensions blended. I have a regular stylist I go to but I don't know if she does extensions or not. Do you guys think I need to go to a stylist that does extentions or can any stylist cut it? I mean, it's real human hair, so, as long as they are aware of the bonds and don't rip the comb through them, then it seems to me it would be the same as cutting natural hair.

Any advice or feedback would be great. I will of course come back and post pictures of the before and after.
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 10:48pm
Um, IDk if they have them, but you want SILICONE LINED MICRO-RINGS.
And for hair I would go somewhere else.
Um... hmm.
You may want to post on the main extensions forum here and ask for the best pre-tipped.
There are lots of tutorials and info on this site, just search a bit. ^_^
^..^
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic