Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OH WHAT A MATTED MESS I HAD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mickeyminnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeyminnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OH WHAT A MATTED MESS I HAD
    Posted: July 21 2008 at 4:55pm
Hello!

Just wanted to share a story I had over the weekend so if it happens to anyone else it might help you too. A week ago Wednesday, I had to have surgery to remove something from my scalp. After the surgery I could not brush my hair of course. When I woke up Thursday morning I had a knot the size of a baseball in my hair. I knew there was no way I could remove that before I went to work. I called my beautician, and she told me to use baby oil and just carefully comb it out with a wide tooth comb. I waited until Friday because I knew there was no way that I could get that out in a matter of minutes. She told me it could take as long as three hours since my hair was that matted. So, Friday night I washed my hair....BIG MISTAKE ! Anyway, I began this process at 1:00 am and finished at 4:30am. It took me three and a half hours. I finally gave up, and then laid down in bed with my husband and he got it down to the bottome of my hair...I have long hair, I just wanted to cut it at that point I didn't care anymore. But I didn't...I put a little more baby oil on it and gave about ten good yanks with the wide tooth comb and got the matt out of my hair. By that time it was the size of a golf ball....I am not lying. I lost quite a bit of hair, but it sure does feel better, and I am getting my hair cut up to my shoulders so that hopefully doesn't happen again. Just thought you'd enjoy that piece of information.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 3:22pm
     Welcome, MM. Big%20smile My wife has very long hair. I assume that you enjoy the look of it, else you wouldn't have persevered to grow it long. I suggest, instead of cutting, if it's not too late, to simply braid your hair when you have no time. And when it's loose, give it a comb through every several hours. Problem areas are fixed more easily the sooner you get to them. Really, if you remain wary in windy and wet conditions, there is no reason that you should ever find yourself in such a bind again. At MOST, it takes me five  to ten minutes to comb through my wife's hip-length hair. All the Best, Bob Star
     P.S I did not read the month, only the date! lol

Edited by Bob S - August 22 2008 at 3:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic