Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

toupee clips and airport metal detector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cy_butterfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cy_butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: toupee clips and airport metal detector
    Posted: July 30 2008 at 9:35am
Hi,

I wonder if anyone has experience about wearing clips on hair extension or hair piece to go through airport check point metal detector.  The clips are made of metal, will they set off the alarm?  I don't want to have body search to take my hair off in front of other people.  It will be very embarassing.

Thanks.

Cindy
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 12:10pm

I have flown several times wearing my clip in extensions, and the dectector did not go off.  No problem.

fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 12:11pm
To be honest w/you; I've had it go off a couple of times and then other times there was nothing!LOL If it's beeping as it goes around your head and won't stop, then you might as well be honest with them and tell them you have in clip-ins. Once I said something, they let it go! They won't ask you to take them out. Plus, what about people who have micro-rings in?Tongue
Love clip-ins and tape!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2008 at 12:55am
Wow, that's funny!   I guess it depends how sensitive they have their machines set at.  I have also never been 'wanded'.Approve  I just walked right through the machine.

I'm traveling to Denver in  a few weeks, so we'll see if my clip ins set it off.  If they do, no worries, just show the airport people your weft underneath, they will probably be jealous that you have rockin' hair!
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2008 at 11:48am
Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

Wow, that's funny!   I guess it depends how sensitive they have their machines set at.  I have also never been 'wanded'.Approve  I just walked right through the machine.

I'm traveling to Denver in  a few weeks, so we'll see if my clip ins set it off.  If they do, no worries, just show the airport people your weft underneath, they will probably be jealous that you have rockin' hair!

LOLLOL I think you're right Metal; here in Canada, they don't fool around with the security checks! haha. Hate that, though, since you can never rely on a previous experience.

I totally agree with you about showing the airport people your weft -- they'll either be jealous or weirded out! LOL
Love clip-ins and tape!
cy_butterfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cy_butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2008 at 7:23pm
Thanks all for your replies.  I will just wear the comb clip piece and hope the metal detector will not go off. 
jimmyjohnsq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyjohnsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:44pm
Among all the detecting activities, gold detecting is the most interesting one. It can not only relax both our mind and body, but also give us a big fortune if we are lucky enough. Next time when you feel bored, you can pick up a gold   metal detector and have a try.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic